Erratic Wrath Aura Behavior

What happens is that normally when enabling it, the witch would float and upon touching ground, the aura is seen. Then, when disabling, she does the same animation, but after that the aura is lost. When I repeat that process again, things start to jumble.

1. State: Sometimes when enabling/disabling, the aura is shown/hidden for a split second then reverts back to what it was beforehand. So for example if you enabled it, it would show the aura (as well as the reserved mana globe space) for a few frames before reverting back. This also works when disabling the aura, but instead it is casted again and the reserved mana globe space is restored.

>This is probably related to a system overlap that checks if the character is under an aura or not so that it knows what it will do if the Wrath button is pressed, since both enable/disable is under one key.

2. Animation when enabling/disabling: Sometimes she does the float, sometimes she doesn't (the aura just appears/disappears). Sometimes the enable aura animation works, then it won't when disabling it. Sometimes it's the opposite. Sometimes both don't show any animation. I tried it by casting while running and casting while my character is just standing.

>Again, this is probably a system overlap that checks if the current location and movement animation of the character would allow for the use of a cast animation. The game probably reserves some else statements that dictates that if certain conditions are met (running., casting active skill etc) it would rather not show the aura enable/disable animation. If this is the case, I think it would be better to be strict on the first queue, first served for spell casts since players are given how much cast time a skill does (ie. there should be no else statements). That's all!
Last edited by ArtificialDream on Sep 20, 2012, 12:38:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info