New Lag

I have been playing Path for a couple of months now. The only issue I was having was occasional extreme "mouse lag" when working in menus (character menu, inventory menu, etc.) By this I mean that everything except for my cursor would be running properly. I move my mouse, and my cursor could take a half to a full second to show up where I moved it. As I said, this issue was originally only with menus, so did not critically affect game play- just required patience.

Since the most recent patch, I now have this kind of cursor lag, coupled with general lag, almost constantly, without any menus open, but it is exacerbated with inventory open, for example. I have tried lowering all of my visual settings to no avail. My system specs are this:

Processor: AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 4.29 GHz
RAM: 8GB
64-bit OS (Windows 7)

So I'm quite at a loss. When I have the most lag, I have very dense wave spikes for FPS and Frame Time. (I don't know if this is normal.) FPS seems to jump back and forth rapidly between ~60 and ~30.

As I said, I played the game for months without any lag. I had slight issues recently. Then I did not play for 1 week (Aug. 17th - 25th), downloaded patch(es) upon return, and now I can often have seconds of stillness where there should be action, particularly with my cursor. Nothing has changed about my internet and I do not experience this kind of lag with any other programs.

"What gives," if I may?
"
FPS seems to jump back and forth rapidly between ~60 and ~30.

This is the proper behavior with vsync on, when the FPS cannot sync to 60, they go at half that. Disable vsync to get better performance during the lulls.

"
Since the most recent patch, I now have this kind of cursor lag,

This problem is a bit harder to track down.

Set "Adjust Desktop Scaling" to "Display" in the video drivers, and disable mouse smoothing anywhere you can. Disable Enhance Pointer Precision in the Control Panel's Mouse Pointer Options. Disable Acceleration in the logitech/microsoft/etc mouse software. The UI lag might be caused by DirectX too, so make sure it's the most updated version.
Last edited by ionface on Aug 30, 2013, 10:57:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info