UI - Always highlight - doesn't always

The UI setting to always highlight items doesn't highlight all items. Barrels, crates, rocks, and corpses are not highlighted. This setting is important because running around holding down the alt key gets old fast.

I really wish there was also a gamma setting for video so the brightness could be increased. Some video cards/drivers have things too dark for games and changing the global gamma setting makes everything else too bright just to fix a game setting.
This is intentional with some breakables, because the cluster of names when they group up can look quite ugly. The Alt key won't display these names, only finding them by mousing over them.

As for the Gamma setting, it's something we'll consider for in future! Sadly, it's not on any immediate to-do list.
Balance & Design
I'd take a little ugly over nearly invisible. :)
I always thought the hidden containers were like the secrets of this game... :)

I don't have any trouble seeing them, perhaps the brightness problem is related to the container problem? Most video cards have what are called "profiles" in their driver settings, which means when a specific game is running, you can set up the gamma or whatever to be different temporarily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info