Act 3 should be released before open beta

That's right.

Reason is very simple: GGG needs to deliver the new content (Act 3) to the closed beta players so we can actually "beta test" it. Once we have a couple of weeks of testing and reporting bugs (or whatever other unsuspected issues may arise) then GGG would be one step closer to Open Beta.

Discuss.
I understand the reasoning, but I don't think they want to give everything away for where the game is going.

I would love to see Act 3, but think about this. If they release Act 3 before the Open Beta wipe, then what would you do? Go back through the other difficulties overleveled for an area just to do them? Then you wouldn't be able to test it properly.
open beta is also "beta testing". I don't see why we'd have to specifically test a3 under a closed beta rather than open.

what do I prefer? go OB already and do the character wipe please!
Personally, I think it's a little greedy.

Don't get me wrong, I want Act 3 just as much as you do but participating in a beta doesn't give us the right to play the entire game before it opens up to the public.

I think we've been pretty spoiled with the content we have so far. I'm content with waiting for Act 3 so I can enjoy it with everyone else.

... and that's my 2 cents. =)
I can see where the OP is coming from.

It would be kind of fun to check out Act 3 with the characters we have built for at least a week before the wipe.

I understand why we can't go into open beta with our characters, but it would be a nice gesture before the wipe.

I am happy either way though.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
I can see where the OP is coming from.

It would be kind of fun to check out Act 3 with the characters we have built for at least a week before the wipe.

I understand why we can't go into open beta with our characters, but it would be a nice gesture before the wipe.

I am happy either way though.

I actually agree, it'd be nice to be able to test act 3 with our builds on our high level characters that we already have in closed beta. Early feedback could be a good idea, but I'm fine either way.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
You're acting as if Act 3 isn't being played by closed beta testers right now, which probably isn't the case.

NDAs and all that rot.
"
nailog wrote:
You're acting as if Act 3 isn't being played by closed beta testers right now, which probably isn't the case.

NDAs and all that rot.

That would be the Alpha testers and that is a bit different.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
I'm not in Alpha.. but I would say Alpha only.

CB has gotten too big.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
"
pilnomi wrote:
open beta is also "beta testing". I don't see why we'd have to specifically test a3 under a closed beta rather than open.

Agreed. Open beta is still beta testing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info