Offline mode essential!

IMO an offline mode makes all games significantly better for a single player experience which many players out there enjoy just as much as a multi-player.

Lag is one thing about DARPGS that I just can't stand!!!

As someone who prefers to play HC there is no worse feeling than dieing due to a connection issue on either the server or the users side of things...

This kind of experience can break a game.

There is another argument in support of an offline mode as well.

American troops overseas cannot play online because of the lack of internet access but can set up LAN connections... Don't be like Blizzard!!!

Give us an offline play mode...

Cheaters who modify the game shouldn't be able to play online and people who pirate will always find a way to make it work anyways so give us offline so those players with no internet or slow connections can support and enjoy the great game...

What do you think?

You technically can't pirate a F2P game, and the game is online only is indeed to stop hackers/cheaters/dupers and such.
An offline mode will never happen.

Please use the search function and read the older debate threads, thanks.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Sep 17, 2012, 11:28:18 AM
While I can see your argument, I do not see it every happening.

This is a free to play game and the only way they make money is through online shop.

The lag should get improved as they move out of beta as they will most likely get more servers and resources. Not to mention they will clean up some code that is probably not the most efficient at this time.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Last edited by DS_Deadman on Sep 17, 2012, 11:30:33 AM
Having an offline mode in essence breaks GGG's business model since it would be less than no time before hackers work out how to add the micro-transaction items and that is precisely how the game is to be financed long term.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
nzrock wrote:
You technically can't pirate a F2P game, and the game is online only is indeed to stop hackers/cheaters/dupers and such.
An offline mode will never happen.

Please use the search function and read the older debate threads, thanks.

Because that worked so very well for D3.
FFA loot = single player game.

"I'm sorry I steal all the things, it's the only way I know how to say I love you." - a FFA looter.
We might as well start rewriting the client side engine from the ground up as soon as possible, it's not like GGG has a timeline or anything leading to OB
Offline mode may be essential.. (to you)..

But I'm going to venture a guess and say that GGG making money on their game would be... more.. essential
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
As I primarily run solo I don't particularly like having to be online all the time and lag can be a bitch.
Which would mean I'd skip a 60$ game that had this requirement. I can live with it in a F2P title though.

But then I'm not into the hardcore league thing. That one is somewhere between a rock and a hard place though. Always-online and have lag causing deaths? Offline and have dupers/hackers rule the ladder? There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch...
Heck, I'd pay money for an offline only version of this game, and that's the only real way they could justify doing it... F2P online, $20 offline. But no way an offline version should be able to connect to the servers. It should just be able to download patches.

This way, the majorty of players would stay online, but those who really need a way to play during travels or whatever would have a way to do it, for a modest cost. But really, I don't think it's gonna happen, so whatever :-p
Last edited by Thalandor on Sep 17, 2012, 1:35:12 PM
Eventually someone will do it offline just wait.

Well i dont know much about programation but i think its as easy as hijack the online part and make it offline so if somone who knows how to do it wants to do it, wont last longer.

Note that i dont want it because that would mean of GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info