PVP changes

This is a list of suggestions, but I put it into pvp forum because I feel it will be more relevant to the interests of the players who read this section of the forum.

1. When people search for pvp they should be given a slider bar option for level range they are happy to play in... ie they can search a very narrow range and wait longer or a wide range and get faster matches at the expense of balance... larger rewards should be given to players who win against higher odds...

odds being -> function(enemy's gear, enemy's level, your gear, your level)...
doesn't have to be a great function, a crude yardstick heuristic can be improved in patches etc.

2. a competitive tower defense style map, except replace towers with a team of players... players kill increasingly harder waves of enemies and depending on how fast they kill the wave determines the difficulty of the wave sent against the enemy team... with multiple optional bonuses per wave popping up eg. "kill X enemies with fire in Y time and the next wave attacking the opposite team will do additional fire damage"... or "deal a total of 6666 chaos damage to the current wave and your team gets a temporary buff that adds 500 ES on next wave"

If all the players on a team are wiped out on a wave they lose the map....

3. a command point style map, players have to capture command points.. easy implementation if you just say they capture the command points by doing damage to them.. causing the command point to change it's team.

4. being able to queue while you're doing other things - this would populate PvP queues' immensely.

All in all... I just want to say I really enjoy this game, I've spent 3 digits on it to show my support (wow you guys from NZ and you made a GG wtf?!)

I just really really want to see more emphasis on PvP because EVENTUALLY just getting items with bigger numbers with nobody except AI's to use them against does get boring, for me at least.

Churrr
Last edited by bozmonster on Aug 21, 2013, 6:21:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info