ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
So I've been playing this in rampage for a while and it's really good so far, despite my shit self-found levelling gear. I have a question, is it worth it running a spectral throw linked to PCoC? I only really have 35-45% crit chance, and it feels a little inconsistent because I tickle things when I don't crit, and one shot them when I do crit.

Try using Assassin's Mark instead - it gives chance to gain power charge on crit, and also gives you more crit chance. Doing a spec throw set up will take up slots, unless you have it on weapon swap, but give it a try and see how it feels. If you are having trouble with damage - recommend you use elemental weakness curse and see the change.
"
Restrykcja wrote:
melee splash skill tree pls

Hi! That build will take a LONG time to update because I made it so long and I will have to update many things including calcs, gems, gear costs etc.

Here is the axe tree I was thinking of for the Double Strike build.

If anyone is thinking about mirroring a dagger for this build, please PM me before doing so because I might switch from Dragon Hunger to a different dagger depending on some tests.
I saw that when you hit Uber Atziri you play play at close (to hit the 3 projectiles), what about add Point blank passive + PB gem (and get out life leech)?

"
vrez wrote:
I saw that when you hit Uber Atziri you play at close (to hit the 3 projectiles), what about add Point blank passive + PB gem (and get out life leech)?

I do not recommend Point Blank unless you really like that playing style. There are situations where having range makes things much much easier. This weekend I will post a double Mageara -max vid and Uber trio so you can see how it helps.

Also LS has some pierce chance so you are limiting yourself if you have Point Blank. Anyway I recommend you try it and see how it feels for you.

For Atziri I sometimes used range if i cannot get close to her because she can recharge ES if you do not damage her after some time.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 3, 2014, 1:33:51 PM
This is info for those trying to decide on mirror dagger for this build, because I have been asked this a few times. I tested out Loath Bane and below is the comparison to Dragon Hunger with 3 power charges and Atziri flask. Shout out to Alexlulz for providing the Loath.

Loath Bane gives higher DPS because of the high APS - which takes up a lot of mana. So it is not recommended unless you are using Acuity. However, on a per hit basis you can see that Dragon Hunger has stronger hits because it is the higher physical dagger, it also has higher crit chance.

I like freezing, and the minimum freeze duration is 0.3ms. The attack time of Loath is 1/8.6 = 0.12s, and for Dragon Hunger it is 0.16s. It looks like there is not a big difference on being able to perma-freeze because both daggers can hit part of one multistrike set within the 0.3ms minimum freeze duration and multistrike forces you to take up 3 hits - and either all hits crit or none do for each multistrike set. However crit chance for Loath is lower at 71% vs Dragon Hunger 81%, although loath has higher crit mult. But overall because loath attacks much faster for each 5s of time you attack you will have on average 2 more sets of crits with multistrike with loath than with hunger.

If you look at the damage per hit and crit multiplier, dragon gives stronger crits. However, one advantage of combining fast dagger with Acuity - is you get faster instant leech. Another advantage of the faster attack speed is you spend less time locked in place with multistrike - so gameplay will be more fluid.

If you do not have Acuity - Horror Skewer (which is the slight upgrade for Dragon Hunger) is the better choice because it will be hard to sustain mana cost of 8+ APS on this build with Loath, and it will give even more trouble on low regen maps.

But if you do have Acuity get Loath Bane or Honor Etcher. On this build Honor Etcher is slightly better ambusher than Loath Bane, because you will have slightly higher crit mult, slightly higher accuracy, but slightly slightly lower attack speed. Honor Etcher also has much lower mirror fee. See below comparison.

Hope this helps because I have been getting asked this a few times.

EDIT: Added in Honour Etcher which gives slightly higher DPS than Loath Bane on this build.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 5, 2014, 12:14:37 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
This is info for those trying to decide on mirror dagger for this build, because I have been asked this a few times. I tested out Loath Bane and below is the comparison to Dragon Hunger with 3 power charges and Atziri flask. Shout out to Alexlulz for providing the Loath.

Loath Bane gives higher DPS because of the high APS - which takes up a lot of mana. So it is not recommended unless you are using Acuity. However, on a per hit basis you can see that Dragon Hunger has stronger hits because it is the higher physical dagger, it also has higher crit chance.

I like freezing, and the minimum freeze duration is 0.3ms. The attack time of Loath is 1/8.6 = 0.12s, and for Dragon Hunger it is 0.16s. It looks like there is not a big difference on being able to perma-freeze because both daggers can hit part of one multistrike set within the 0.3ms minimum freeze duration and multistrike forces you to take up 3 hits - and either all hits crit or none do for each multistrike set. However crit chance for Loath is lower at 71% vs Dragon Hunger 81%, although loath has higher crit mult. But overall because loath attacks much faster for each 5s of time you attack you will have on average 2 more sets of crits with multistrike with loath than with hunger.

If you look at the damage per hit and crit multiplier, dragon gives stronger crits. However, one advantage of combining fast dagger with Acuity - is you get faster instant leech. Another advantage of the faster attack speed is you spend less time locked in place with multistrike - so gameplay will be more fluid.

If you do not have Acuity - Horror Skewer (which is the slight upgrade for Dragon Hunger) is the better choice because it will be hard to sustain mana cost of 8+ APS on this build with Loath, and it will give even more trouble on low regen maps.

But if you do have Acuity get Loath Bane or Honor Etcher. On this build Honor Etcher is slightly better ambusher than Loath Bane, because you will have slightly higher crit mult, slightly higher accuracy, but slightly slightly lower attack speed. Honor Etcher also has much lower mirror fee. See below comparison.

EDIT: Added in Honour Etcher which gives slightly higher DPS than Loath Bane on this build.

perfect man, thanks for this.
SPorkTots
nice info cery.. for a moment there i was a little scared that the dagger i bought(dragon hunger) was bad.

I dont have Acuity so Horror Skewer Platinum Kris would be a nice upgrade but it would be only a slight upgrade. Besides........... the mirror fees on Axn's items are ridiculous (for +300 ex i can buy another dragon hunger and dual wield them)

P.S. i think its useful that every DPS screenshot should have character level, passive tree, gear, location (town, hideout), how many charges actives, auras used.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Last edited by azamantes on Sep 5, 2014, 11:58:57 AM
"
azamantes wrote:
nice info cery.. for a moment there i was a little scared that the dagger i bought(dragon hunger) was bad.

I dont have Acuity so Horror Skewer Platinum Kris would be a nice upgrade but it would be only a slight upgrade. Besides........... the mirror fees on Axn's items are ridiculous (for +300 ex i can buy another dragon hunger and dual wield them)

P.S. i think its useful that every DPS screenshot should have character level, passive tree, gear, location (town, hideout), how many charges actives, auras used.

Hi aza - yes all the daggers are superb and you really cannot go wrong! I was surprised I could not find a single dragon hunger for sale - not sure why that is. Yes, and Grym has very cheap fee for his dagger which give higher dps than loath.

The differences are small and it really depends on how you build and what skill you use.

All DPS shots are with Tiurakh level 93, my tree in guide, 3 powers, and Atziri flask. Default gem setup with WED since I hardly need life leech gem. Hatred and Herald of Ash.

I will post screenshot this weekend of DPS progression from town to solo buffed.

I think build is pretty much complete, but let me know if you guys see stuff we can improve on build.
"
Ceryneian wrote:

where are you getting all this crit chance from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info