Path of Exile torrent

Hello.
After reading many threads of people having problems with downloading the game client 'traditional' way I decided to make things a bit easier this and created a torrent. This will definitely help people who often have disconnections/connection issues and cannot download the whole ~5 GB file at once.

Few important things.

1. Sharing is caring. Please seed as long and as often as you can, at least until reaching 1.0 share ratio.
2. If you already have an updated Content.ggpk file, please reseed to keep the health of the torrent high.

HOW TO RESEED
1. MAKE A COPY OF YOUR CONTENT.GGPK FILE!
2. Save it somewhere, for example on 'D:\'.
3. Load a .torrent file from this thread using your BitTorrent software (uTorrent, Transmission, qBittorrent etc.).
4. Set the download location to location from 2nd step.
5. Keep seeding.

Current Content.ggpk size: 4.78 GB
Current game version: 0.9.12c
Link to .torrent file.
Last edited by szynaananas on Sep 12, 2012, 11:14:08 AM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2013, 11:47:26 PM
You're welcome to continue to do this, but unfortunately it's not very practical. It turns out everyone's file is slightly different. This means I can't just jump onto your torrent and start seeding, unless I download the whole file from you. My ggpk file for instance is 6.36GB (don't ask me why it's so much bigger than yours).

Also due to the nature of torrents, every time there's a small patch you'll have to upload/download the entire file again, in a separate torrent.
Woah, I didn't know that, I throught that everyone's Content.ggpk is the same. That's quite weird... So reseeding the file won't work, I suppose?

This method is optional downloading for those who got into the beta, but they are unable to get more than 4 GB of data continuously for various reasons (limits, connection problems etc.). This method is not suitable for game updates on a regular basis.
"
szynaananas wrote:
Woah, I didn't know that, I throught that everyone's Content.ggpk is the same. That's quite weird... So reseeding the file won't work, I suppose?

This method is optional downloading for those who got into the beta, but they are unable to get more than 4 GB of data continuously for various reasons (limits, connection problems etc.). This method is not suitable for game updates on a regular basis.

Actually the 'normal' way of download works even with disconnects.
e.g. You donwnload 2GB of 5 and get a disconnect. When you succeed in reconnecting the downloader will show 0%, BUT this means 0% of the remaining 3GB, not from the beggining ;) (at least i've heared it works that way)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
When you update the game, only the files which are new or changed are downloaded and patched into the content.ggpk file. As files change size and get moved around within content.ggpk, this can leave behind spots of empty space. Over time and many patches these empty spots can grow and multiply which will artificially increase the size of content.ggpk. Someone wrote a simple program for the content.ggpk a while back that will rewrite the file and remove all the empty space which can significantly reduce the overall size of the file and shorten load times in game. This also means that depending on how and when a player patches their game, the bit by bit makeup of their content.ggpk can be completely different than someone else's.
Forum Sheriff
Unfortunately I'm one of those people who cannot download the game through the installer, no matter what because of a "Cannot resolve host name" error that cuts my download off after 2-3 minutes. Sure I could restart it, but then its back to checking resources for another 15 minutes, just to move to allocating space for another 3-5 minutes and download for 2-3 minutes and just repeat the cycle endlessly. So yeah, this is incredibly frustrating.

And before someone says its something on my end, well I'm not having any other problems downloading anything from anywhere else, just this installer. I can't explain why it works for most and doesn't work for some people like me, I'm not an expert.

Torrents always work for me as long as someone is seeding, and nobody is seeding this torrent. Torrents are always superior for large file downloads, because you can manage your bandwidth instead of using 100% of it to download and not be able to multitask on the internet.

Unfortunately not everybody has internet fast enough to grab 5gbs in 30-45 minutes. For those that do, I'm sure you aren't having any problems. For me it would take 18 hours. If I could grab it from a torrent, I could use 1/2 my bandwidth to download, and the other half for using the internet, and just forget I'm downloading until its finished.

Even if I had 100mb internet, I'd still prefer to download from torrents as long as they were properly seeded.

The only reason I even took the time to post that because I'd really like to play this game, but can't because I can't download it. So yeah, I'm mad.

/end rant.

Last edited by crimsonedge11 on Oct 25, 2012, 12:47:27 AM
When the supporter packs are sent out, there will be a disc with quite a bit of the game content on it. I suggest we torrent the image of that.

In the future maybe GGG can release torrents of major versions to help distribution.
Hi.
This sounds like a good idea IF GGG is okay with it ( open beta starts today ).
I am one of those that simply CANNOT get it to start downloading, and I really would like to have a go at this seemingly cool gem :)
Been following Kripparrian and enemyex on Youtube and Twitch...and it ITCHES everytime I see them play this beautiful game.

So get seeding and let's hope for the best - And hope some of you guys/girls take mercy on those of us that cannot get it to work. Been having a Beta key for year or so. Given out 2-3 so far ( to ppl I know in other countries, so I can't just copy the content.ggpk as Thomas suggested in another thread )

* Again...only IF GGG is okay with it :)
Last edited by Jansen on Jan 23, 2013, 12:39:33 PM
"
crimsonedge11 wrote:
through the installer, "Cannot resolve host name" error

Who are you using for your DNS provider?

Try using a Static IP and using Googles DNS Servers

I got the torrent and there are 9(30) peers and 0(0) seeds. If nobody with the full game get into the torrent we will never download it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info