Race "windows"

Instead of having races at dedicated times...

- give certain race types (Solo & No-Trade) a "Race Window" (ie 24 hours)
- players have 1 attempt to complete that race within the Race Window.
- players completing the race are then ranked in a ladder based on their final XP.
- after the Race Window closes the rewards are distributed.

This allows players from anywhere in the world to attempt/complete races when it suits them and determine how they would rank amongst the world... instead of always competing against players in the same time zones.

Cheers
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Ya, many people want that, sure.
But this sux cuz unless you make your run at the very end, you have absolutely no clue what class rank you gonna get. I see big potential for abusing this type of race.
Now if there were no class rewards, it'd be a different story ;) But racing only to reach a certain level, hmm...
"
Kaysee wrote:
Instead of having races at dedicated times...

- give certain race types (Solo & No-Trade) a "Race Window" (ie 24 hours)
- players have 1 attempt to complete that race within the Race Window.
- players completing the race are then ranked in a ladder based on their final XP.
- after the Race Window closes the rewards are distributed.

This allows players from anywhere in the world to attempt/complete races when it suits them and determine how they would rank amongst the world... instead of always competing against players in the same time zones.

Cheers

The problem is comparing progress of players who compete over time. The player racing later in the window have a distinct advantage over those running earlier. The only way would be to have everyone racing blind, but that defeats the direct competition as you cant adjust based on what others are doing. Also, players can run on multiple accounts. Imo, the style seems flawed, but I'm not against more options and variety.
A window of entry would be good for the "fun" style races, but would not work on "competitive" ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info