Several noticeable problems with Dominating Blow

Two things one i'm certain is a bug, the other is just questionable behavior of the skill effect.

The first is that this skill is dangerous to use when attempting to do any quest where you have to clear out an area completely, i.e. Fetid Pool. When you get down to the last enemies, if you use dominating blow on them, the count on monsters to kill drops one then regresses one as the monster came back alive under your power. However when they die off again the number does not drop back down resulting in an inability to finish off the quest. I had to go into a new instance and be certain to kill everything off with a different skill just so i wouldn't have the same problem.

The second thing is just an odd bit. When you use dominating blow on an armored crab and "kill" it, it's under your control until it dies, however the monster spawns as it's unarmored counterpart and hostile to boot. Resulting in me having to kill it again. Not sure it's supposed to work like that but if it is just ignore this part.

The first section is definitely a problem that needs fixing however and it would be appreciated if it could be remedied.
Thanks for the report, we'll look into a solution for this.

Edit: I couldn't reproduce the Fetid Pool problem - I did see the additional counts, and that is already on our list to fix from it happening with zombies, but it still completed the quest. Are you sure you're not missing one monster?
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Sep 10, 2012, 8:00:15 PM
I'm not sure if this deserved a new thread or not. Adding to this:

I'm experiencing a bug (in act 3, I've only noticed it with Blackguards) where, after killing a few enemies from a group, the remaining enemies will enter a quasi-friendly state. They won't attack me or my minions, and they benefit from my aura, but they never actually died (no loot/EXP) and they don't actually get Dominated (no golden glow, don't add to the minion counter, don't die after 15 seconds). This is currently happening to me in the Barracks, but I believe it has happened elsewhere.

This can happen with white and yellow named monsters, that I've seen.

Edit: I've since only seen this with the Blackguards, but I was mistaken about one thing - these pseudo-dominated monsters DO fight hostile-to-me monsters.
Last edited by Jhaza on Jan 28, 2013, 1:38:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info