We need more races in Season 4.

So I know Season number 3's number of events was cut drastically due to player response, but I don't feel like anyone really would have wanted it to be this few races aside from maybe the top 50 players.

Currently for season 3 at least 22,200 Participated and gained at least 1 point, yet only 13 were able to reach the top prize, with only another 19 people getting the 2nd place prize of the Rainbow strides. While I realize that it's not intentional for lots of people to get Demi's and the top 2 prizes, I also think it's a bit extreme for only the same top 20 players to be even remotely able to get more than 1/2 way there.

When you look at the top 100 racers, you'll see that the 100th place only managed to get 250 points, which were the people doing likely what I did (I got 220 points so far,) which is playing in most of the solo races they are awake for and staying up late or waking up early for a few here and there.

I personally think season 4 needs to have a number of events somewhere between the number of events in Season 2 and Season 3 (226 and 161 respectively.) I'm willing to bet the average person would rather have at least 200 total events, and simply play the ones that fall within their normal time frame.

As for the points themselves, when you have these top racers in every single race it gets hard to accrue enough points to get to top prizes, but I think that's fine since they do dedicate so much time to these races to be the top players they are, and work out excellent strategies and skills for each different type of race, however I'd like to make 2 suggestions here.

The first is the fact that Group races tend to be big earners for those in the top 2-3 groups of players (again, the top 20 usually encompasses this,) which again isn't bad, but it's also really hard for the average player to form a team of 4-6 that can steadily play a lot of these races. What if the you made quite a few of the events have 2 separate ladders, and make them available as grouped or solo at the same time? These special races would have 2 different brackets for points, and would allow participation to go way up like it normally is for solo races, possibly even higher. Those who like to group for these can, and those who don't like to group, or without the means to properly can still participate and get higher than they would soloing the race anyway or not playing at all.

The second thing is more of a "silly idea" I had in my head, and I doubt it would go over that well, but I'm curious to see if I'm wrong here or not. Season 3 introduced "fun" races which were basically considered non-competitive, but there really wasn't much different about these at all. What if there was 1-2 races a week that were considered "non-competitive" and simply restricted those in the top 100 of the season ladder from participating, or they could play, but their rankings would not count for anything other than point per level placing? This would help give some of the top players a break from the extra work load on the schedule, while giving other players who frequently hit near the top, but just can't get there a chance to see their name in lights and actually get a few bonus points or a Demi here and there.

As I said, these are just suggestions, but I am curious to see how the community feels about Season 3 overall, and about the ideas contained in this thread in general.

Thanks for reading all of this, I know it turned into a bit of a novel there haha.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
post this in the racing feedback forum
6 races per day, everday! WHY THE FUCK NOT!

If you can't make every race.. then you are like 95% of the people that race.. I can hit 2 time slots per day.. and this season there was never 2 races per day in that time slot.. either 1 or none. If I could do 2 races per day.. That'd be awesome.. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info