Is it really a crime

To ask for a couple items that would greatly benefit your character in global chat?

I mean seriously, I asked if anyone had a Hellbringer or Rainbowstride I could get, because I have like no currency and it seemed like everyone who was active in chat wanted to beat me up over it by the way they all hounded me for 10 minutes for asking such a (appearently a really terrible) question...

This community is really starting to stink.

Not to mention I've been scammed before... (which was partly my fault, but still...)

Now that I've vented, you can all go back to hording your exalted orbs...

P.S. I'm not annoyed/grieved that I didn't get the items I asked for, but because of everyone's attitude about anyone who thinks to ask for an item.

EDIT: Someone did end up giving me one of the items (Rainbowstride) i asked for and by request I am mentioning it in my OP.
It's probably because those are really rare and valuable items. I think you would have gotten a better response if you were like "anyone have a unique they could pass my way? could use some help, don't have anything myself". Sort of the difference between someone on the street asking for spare change and asking for $1,000.
"
Bunnu wrote:
It's probably because those are really rare and valuable items. I think you would have gotten a better response if you were like "anyone have a unique they could pass my way? could use some help, don't have anything myself". Sort of the difference between someone on the street asking for spare change and asking for $1,000.

To some people a hellbringer and rainbow stride IS "spare change".
Oh, hey guys! I am dirt poor, but can you spare a couple of the best items in the game please?
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
arpgfan wrote:

That's probably because they don't give out rainbowstrides to anyone who asks. You were also asking in general chat, where it definitely isn't "spare change" to most people.
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
Bunnu wrote:

No people dont think any item on path of exile as spare change because if they did, they wouldn't have any of it left.
Last edited by snatat on Aug 8, 2013, 8:29:07 PM
"
"
tsoukalos wrote:
Oh, hey guys! I am dirt poor, but can you spare a couple of the best items in the game please?

Sorry, gotta agree with Tsoukalos here unfortunately

Why? whether they are the "best items in the game" or not, the total value is about 3 exalted orbs, which isn't much to a lot of players.
"
Bunnu wrote:
"
arpgfan wrote:

That's probably because they don't give out rainbowstrides to anyone who asks. You were also asking in general chat, where it definitely isn't "spare change" to most people.

I don't really know of a better way/place to ask I guess...
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
"
tsoukalos wrote:

Sorry, gotta agree with Tsoukalos here unfortunately

Why? whether they are the "best items in the game" or not, the total value is about 3 exalted orbs, which isn't much to a lot of players.

are you serious i've seen only 1 exalt drop which wasnt mine on lots of different characters ranging from 40 to 72.
also why should someone who has worked hard to get their wealth share it with people who constantly beg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info