[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Are you guys using a git repository for the client versions? I must insist on the fact that I would love to contribute... would personally like to take a look at the FPS spikes problem, just need some guidance on what files to start looking at...

cheers.
Things were going great, thanks so much for the port, but suddenly it won't launch at all. Like I click the PoE icon in my dock, it bounces once, and then nothing. Kinda frustrated, dunno what to do, could use help.

Thanks
"
Arsbroetica wrote:
Things were going great, thanks so much for the port, but suddenly it won't launch at all. Like I click the PoE icon in my dock, it bounces once, and then nothing. Kinda frustrated, dunno what to do, could use help.

Thanks
Just restart your mac.
I tried restarting the mac, logging out and back in, and restarting the finder, none of which works.
"
Arsbroetica wrote:
I tried restarting the mac, logging out and back in, and restarting the finder, none of which works.

Then try to get the logs from wrapper, maybe it got corrupted..
"
Arsbroetica wrote:

Thanks

something similar happened to me when i moved the content.ggpk to new wrapper. I just moved back the content file and started the new wrapper and waited for 'allocation space'. Then, i just quit, moved the content file and everything just worked fine.

I hope it helps
"Embrace the darkness"
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
bjoro wrote:
"
kch0060 wrote:
So I downloaded this last night and it worked fine, no issues at all. When I opened it up today the window screen is the size of a postage stamp. I have attempted to go into wine and force full screen and also re-size the windows manual. Full screen won't load video and manually adjusting the screen size isn't helping anything either.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this.

Thank you

cmd + enter. worked for me :)

Yes, Cmd+Enter is one possible solutione. But I don't think it works with all wrappers, so editing production_Config.ini is another option. See first page for details.

"
Spookay wrote:
It worked fine for about 3 hours and then crashed. Now when I try to play it it gives me a RUNTIME error and won't allow me to open the game.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm not very computer savvy.

Anything else aside from Runtime error message? Still same error after relaunching a few times?

Could be corrupted game files or wrapper, fix by re-install. Try to provide more info, though.

I've re-installed the game about 4 times and it always ends up with a runtime error. I wish I could give more details, but that's it. RUNTIME error. Why am I the only person with this problem. What the hell is a runtime error anyway and can this be fixed?
thanks so much for this port! great job! ty
"
Spookay wrote:
I've re-installed the game about 4 times and it always ends up with a runtime error. I wish I could give more details, but that's it. RUNTIME error. Why am I the only person with this problem. What the hell is a runtime error anyway and can this be fixed?

Something's definitely not right...

Post your Mac specifications, please. OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM...

And also which wrapper version you are using (I posted info two pages before on how to check that).

Edit correct info.
Last edited by krifFinn on Mar 2, 2013, 7:52:08 AM
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this.
I was running POE through Parallels (Windows 7) on my Macbook Air and it was only utilizing half of my RAM. It was super laggy and I could hardly play the game.

Now, with this port, I'm experiencing the game how it was intended. It's phenomenally better than before--no comparison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info