Templar or Marauder Blood Magic 2 hand mace build?

Hey Path of Exile players, what is better Templar or Marauder build? To wrap it up its a 2 hand mace, physical dmg, cookie cutter Marauder but I heard that I could get the same skills and better as a Templar. SO should I do the cookie cutter Marauder build as a Templar or just keep it as a Marauder?

Oh I posted this on the Templar and Marauder Idk if I'm allowed to do that, but it does concern both characters.
Necro Templar :)
Last edited by RealSP on Aug 27, 2012, 7:45:26 PM
Marauder is much closer to skills like Resolute, Blood Magic, etc. Templar could work, but it will take awhile to reach the other skills with the only benefit of being close to Catalyze if you choose to do an elemental melee skill set. But Marauder can work up to that as well if they chose to do so.

My opinion - Marauder would be easier.

Edit - Doesn't Templar get str and int whereas Marauder just gets str? If that's the case, Marauder would be better since int's only purpose with Blood Magic is energy shield since mana goes bye bye.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Aug 27, 2012, 10:46:31 PM
Ok thanks man, you bring up some things that I missed especially about the INT part and my being a blood magic character. Thanks a lot!

Edit: But should I do some sort of elemental dmg, templar blood magic build.
Necro Templar :)
Last edited by RealSP on Aug 28, 2012, 6:26:45 AM
You could, but even than, since you want nodes like Diamond-Skin, which are Marauder-Starting-territory you can normally make all the builds as a marauder instead of the templer and you even save some points.

If you don't plan on getting INT on your templer, you should always start as a marauder and get the strength-part of the templer-section. Well you could start as a templer for rp-reasons, but that's another story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info