Character:

Strelok - Duelist [Default]

"
"
spoon wrote:
reminds me a bit at the myst exile logo

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/990237748-00.jpg

Good catch!

I've seen the elongated "I" in other logos also, I'd provide examples if I could remember any but it's a pretty common occurrence.
#Chris: dont quote me on that
Haha... "The perfect place to plan revenge". No #$%^ ?
I think the logo is finee as is! The blood definitely makes it awesome. I like all the details in the gold, pretty spiffy actually.
It could maybe use a bit more contrast or "poppyness". It doesn't really stand out that well or pop off the screen...

It does fit with the grey/bleak vibe of the game tho. Just not sure if it's optimal from a marketing perspective.
i just wish they put more time making this game that they do on the logo ^^
"
Marsupian wrote:
It could maybe use a bit more contrast or "poppyness". It doesn't really stand out that well or pop off the screen...

It does fit with the grey/bleak vibe of the game tho. Just not sure if it's optimal from a marketing perspective.

Your forum avatar shows that it pops well enough on a black background.

Too much contrast will destroy the branding, which is extremely important and pretty successful.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
Last edited by TomBombadil on Aug 26, 2011, 5:10:20 PM
I think even a minor tweak would help it

old

Obviously I tweaked this in like 2 minutes and the highlights in particular could be better... additionally they aren't using a render of it afaik which is why it is the way it is... but yeah... small tweaks could make it pop better. I honestly think mine looks 10x better with like 2 minutes of work... and I don't even have the original file to work with :P
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
I honestly think mine looks 10x better with like 2 minutes of work... and I don't even have the original file to work with :P

Exactly!
I honestly think the same.
The original logo looks like a temporary idea, a scetch, a meanwhile... not as a final work should look like.
I personally dislike, oh, about everything in this logo (shape, typography, decorative elements, colors), but if most of the other people like it... anyway, there's nothing more to say when even a two minutes work of fan inprovement can add so much to the original image.

Thanks again, zeto.

Btw, if you would care to outshape the discussed image more correctly, you too could see what I can see: that this shape strongly resembles somebody bending his trousers down to show us a mmmarvellous tramp stamp!
Which makes me ashamed, cause I've already joked about tramp stamps on this forum? and one could have an impression I am obsessed, or, a bad joker - dunno even what's worst :)
Proud Beta tester.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info