Small skill binding problem

so i equipped a new bow last night, with my main attack skill (lightning arrow) is socketed on it and bound to my left click.

On my 2nd weapon switching with "x" (2 handed axe) i have auras that i cast when entering an area.

When i switch back to the bow with "x", the left click is no longer assigned to lightning arrow, but to default attack. All the other bindings are remembered for each weapon.

Is this normal?
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2019, 12:29:38 PM
I have seen the same UI behavior. I haven't seen a GGG post about whether it's intended. It makes it very difficult to arrange skill gems for a weapon swap setup.
Open beta is still BETA.
It's on our list to fix, though we're likely to improve the whole weapon set binding in future.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
It's on our list to fix, though we're likely to improve the whole weapon set binding in future.

i think you are already aware of that, but i just figured out why this happens:

it is due to the fact that i can't equip my bow normally (not enough dex). So i have to first equip an amulet with alot of +dex, then equip my bow (wich has +33 dex), then i can unequip my amu for another one. So the bow's dex helps equipping itself. That's when the binding disappears while switching weapons.

When will this bug be fixed? Cause I want to have my character wearing a bow with "Burning arrow" on the right mouse button and a mace on the other weapon switch with "Heavy Strike" on RMB. But on every weapon switch back to the bow the "Burning arrow" disappears and "Heavy Strikes" is there (but unusable - cause a bow is not a melee weapon) - arghh...
And only using the keys (Q, W, E, R, T) is less funny.

BTW: I can normally wear both weapons (without using an amulet, ring or so).
Last edited by ErinFir on Nov 28, 2012, 12:47:01 PM
Another request for this fix: if you have a one handed weapon in primary and a two handed weapon in secondary it is almost sure that you bind a different skill for the left click default actions.

But if it changes back to simple attack after you make a swap and a swap back, you can't use it during fight, as you have to rebind it, and lose valuable time, so you surely die, or have to use another strategy.

Switching primary and secondary is crucial as enemies come - especially in harder levels, so it is really important that you don't lose chance to fight back without problems.
Any updates on this - four years and going and weapon swapping is still useless because of this bug.
Note: this is still a problem in 3.0.0
Still remains in 3.3! When will u fix this?.. its annoying!!
6 years passed and still nothing changed... is this such a big thing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info