Too hot to play

German summer: After it hesitated longtime to give us some sunshine, now it´s an oven outside.

Would like to play PoE, got the time for it, but it´s too hot. Sitting and sweating, wet fingers and a lazy reaction. No chance to go outside without getting a sunstroke

So if there is some NewZealanders, how is it over there? Do you already have wintertime or is it only autumn? And do you count your temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit? Do you drive on left side or right side in the street? No, not trolling here, just being in the mood for talking little bit about offtopics....:) And being nosy about your country.
The UK has been sweltering for over 9days now too... a very rare summer for us. Probably been over 3 years since we've had this much sun, uninterrupted.

Sweating like a greasemonkey here :(((

Still... definitely NOT complaining. Its nice not to be bleach-white!!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Well, my mom always told me not to sit on wet-cold benches....Bad for having kids....;)))

Guess this counts for both sexes, so take my moms word, it could be worse than catching a cold !

Anyway, my thermometer on the terrace still makes 35 celsius and the time is 5pm. It sounds somehow nice to hear from wet-cold benches;)

You know, we don´t have much information here about Australia and New Zealand. It is something like a mythos to people, a land where you really find freedom. Whereas I think the freedom is more on the side of NZ than Australia (plse forgive me, know you are proud Australian, but me always talk straight and sometimes too much...)

Something against cold: Take marrowbones from beef or lamb .or both and some fatty meat from these and let it boil it very slowly,very slowly together with carrots, celery ,onions, pore and lots of garlic. Salt, pepper,Soup herbs. After at least 3 hours strain the whole thing and put the liquid back in the pot. Add vegetables by your taste, can be everything you like and let it again boil slowly until vegetables is good for chewing. If you want good soup, take 1 pound of bones to 1 and 1/2 pound of water. Vegetables as much as possible. Can never be enough:)

Make big amount of this soup and freeze it by portions. Does not only help with cold, but also when you had a party with lots of alcohol or ......äääärhhhmmm------lets say a hot night....
"
Zanixx wrote:
The UK has been sweltering for over 9days now too... a very rare summer for us. Probably been over 3 years since we've had this much sun, uninterrupted.

Sweating like a greasemonkey here :(((

Still... definitely NOT complaining. Its nice not to be bleach-white!!

Well, its not unusual at this time of the year to have a heatwave like that in Germany. Just glad that I got a few days off now, pure chance, is not usual, cause most people are on holiday and we are the idiots who have to work. But not these days...;)))))) happy about that!

"
Zanixx wrote:
Its nice not to be bleach-white!!
Yepp, you are very right about that, just that I am a blonde one and burned within shorter than 60 minutes:(

I mean "blonde" in real life skin and hair colour, NOT in intellectual ways .....(joking)
Last edited by Moonlight33 on Jul 22, 2013, 11:46:50 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:

I find it funny that England has such a dreary stereotype.

Which turns out to be true.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Here in Belgium its an oven aswell. . .

After, like you said, a long time of waiting the summer has arrived and its hitting true . . .
To hot to do anything without getting exhausted.
Even gaming, cant concentrate. . .

4 more days of work and its holiday for me . . . thats 30+ degrees outside and no wind Comming from 5-9 degrees . . .
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
I have all of my windows open, plus the doors.

Picked everything that could stabilize the doors open ( inclusively an old cartoon that was made for keeping eggs), and even if there is not much wind outside, there is now a kind of blowing wind through my appartement.

For US-People: We don´t use no aircondition here ( except in cars), but having good heaters for the winter-time. And of course, in a certain way we enjoy very much the heat of the summer, even if it hinders us to be fully functional to economy.
Last edited by Moonlight33 on Jul 22, 2013, 12:49:09 PM
Moonlight... you're right to point out we dont use air con.
In the US, afaik, its normal to have air con in houses?! i do have an air con unit in my house but its an expensive purchase, rather than a standard home setup.

I just spent 2 days unwell and sweltered in a 36 degree bedroom. Not funny :@
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
It's definitely winter here in NZ, although hopefully we're through the worst of it. Right now it's 8C (~46F), so not too bad. I generally prefer the cold. You can always put more layers on. If it's too hot there's not much you can do once you're down to your skin!

We drive on the left, which is the "right" side of course. :P
So hot~ D:
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info