Mobs not dying from Viper Strike

I use viper strike on mobs in Ancient Pyramid, normal difficulty, standard league.

I use a one handed sword "The Goddess Bound Whalebone Rapier"

Viper strike is currently not supported by any support gems, even though I have it in a piece of equipment with linked sockets.

The mobs health goes to empty but they keep on keeping on.
I have to leave the 'room' and come back and whack them to make them realise they are dead :)

Is there anything I need to provide to assist in reproducing this?

...Lyall

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The only thing i can think of is that you might be getting some monsters with the immortality auras added with some desync...but other than that pics would help and you could try typing /oos just in case.

If you are able to reproduce this problem type /debug before taking the pics
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 21, 2013, 6:02:42 AM
As requested :)

The following 2 images were from shortly before I managed to get the /debug command in.

I hope this helps :)

...Lyall
These mobs have the "Allies cannot die" aura on them. You need to kill the totem/rare that grants the aura before they are able to be killed.
Roman, I do not want to go bowling with you.
Thanks.

My apologies for the false alarm.

Sigh... I guess you get this sort of thing regularly.

Generally, I am not a hugely skillful player, I tend not to have time to read when surrounded by mobs.

I was looking at the top of the image, under the flame guardian description, of my target.

If I had seen 'cannot die aura' or similar there, I might have realised.

I figure the aura image on the ground gave it away to you, where can I look up what those images mean?

:)

...Lyall
"
lyallp wrote:
Thanks.

My apologies for the false alarm.

Sigh... I guess you get this sort of thing regularly.

Generally, I am not a hugely skillful player, I tend not to have time to read when surrounded by mobs.

I was looking at the top of the image, under the flame guardian description, of my target.

If I had seen 'cannot die aura' or similar there, I might have realised.

I figure the aura image on the ground gave it away to you, where can I look up what those images mean?

:)

...Lyall

The source of the aura will tell you what it does.
If it's a totem or a rare it will say under it's name that their allies can't die.
I can read the totems, etc, but I am asking if there is some reference to what the images on the ground mean.

For example, the |<|>| image around the totem, I assume this image has a similar meaning to the 'text', so simply seeing the image would warn me that the mobs cannot die.

Thanks in advance.

...Lyall
Yes there is, here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/monsterauras/

"Allies cannot die" is missing from that list though. As are some others. But this will help you learn the bulk of them.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info