Path of Exile; just by looking at it, I know it's better than Diablo 3.

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else who have or not have gotten their beta key, really thinks that this game looks much more "complex" (in a good way) and not completely dumbed down than Diablo 3?

Just by looking at the videoes, information and talent trees and setup of the game generally, it just blows my mind that this is going to be free to play, and I gotta hand it to the devs really. Good job. When I finally get my beta key, il bet I won't be dissapointed as I were with Diablo 3 and the dumbed down experience which the game brought and in some weeks became boring as ****.

The game looks really cool and I wish it the best of luck!

Any other soon to be beta testers or beta testers that have any inbut on the subject? Is it what I think it's going to be?
- Slu33ert
Almost 2 months playing in Beta.

This is the best game I've played in a LONG time.

The only game I've seen more complex is EVE-Online.

But this has far more versatility in the ability to experiment with multiple builds/Characters.

PoE will become a new standard in the gaming industry.

And it's about time.

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
Yes been playing a few weeks, I dont even want to log into D3 to chk the AH / RMAH just dont want to see it. Its so water down for like kids.

But I have me a 40 something Shadow /Bow /Summoner /Traps Talk about powerful .. lol I can think of a hundered different guys I want to make and play with, truly EPIC !
I've only played in an open beta weekend, but even in that time it was clear to me that this has more to offer than D3.

In D3 there was virtually no reason to make new characters of a class you already have because you could simply change your skill layout at will.

In PoE the possible skill layouts are incredibly numerous, no two characters will be precisely the same (okay, maybe some will but it won't be common).

That's not even mentioning the absurdly standardized loot in D3...
You can mod and remod the hell out of the items. In fact, you can even mod the potions to your liking. Even map items can be modded to make your end-game more interesting.

What makes it more awesome is that you can make a normal item go magic or rare, depending on the orbs you got. I have been lucky to roll really good rare items from a normal item that really boosted me.

You got a lot of freedom in PoE. The game will get better as they add more level contents, and item contents.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Oh good, more threads about how bad Diablo 3 is.

I have to imagine even the devs are tired of this stuff. I know I am.

I love PoE (obviously, I'm $250+ into it and will be going Diamond soon). I love Diablo 3.

Both have really really good things and both have some 'wtf' design decisions.

Fortunately PoE is in a beta form and they are much more receptive to community input. This is probably because the community is far smaller and manageable than the hordes of mouth breathers that populate the Blizzard forums.

People just need to step back, take a breath, and use their heads. Both of these games could learn from each other IMO and neither are 'terrible' or 'superior' when compared to the other. They are just quite different.

Right now I enjoy PoE more just because of the type of gamer I am.
"
_Lokken wrote:
Oh good, more threads about how bad Diablo 3 is.

I have to imagine even the devs are tired of this stuff. I know I am.

I wonder if the next stress test weekend will have d3 threads popping up more often in general. lol

I still do like D3, but there are two issues in the game that left me a bitter taste. Itemization is too damn random, why does RNG give wands str or dex, when it is a class wep that specifically needs INT? Another issue, the mobs in inferno mode packs as much of a punch that of an elite group. In fact, act 2 mobs = act 1 elites.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info