Tempest Shield Focused Build

Recently I have seen some decent builds which supplement their normal skills with tempest shielded to do added damage as well as regenerate life. I have been putting some work into a build that focuses almost entirely on tempest shield on as a primary source of damage and regeneration. Enduring cry and Tempest shield will be my main skills, because of high crit i may use one of my other 4L to do power siphon wander will power charge on critical, crit chance, cast speed.

Core Principles;
Have Lots of Block
Have Lots enough Damage to be desirable
Scale Crit because TS has a 6% base Crit
Be Hardcore Viable (I play onslaught)

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO2hn1T8s7Mt9V1gpspT-w4OtgaOE3Yp4SePIx2kFWBb8AaBLNmnlnzFE3wHwJxqZX60qyqogBwfVFgNukdFHKpT30aMiSq42qPRkw19zKAVhmF0NCBSeOCKMUk4Zuhz2WyOOcL8777RWe9VcZmT96wF-rubxZvu-306ZHOVw37qqC08wY=

4L Math (using no gear, gems assume you are level 60 and without quality)
Spoiler

L H
Tempest Shield 104 156 Damage case A
Added Lightning 4 74 2332.487472
Chaos 55 83
Leach - -

%Lightning 1.18
%Elemental 1.41

Crit 1.6
Mult 2.1
Base Crit 0.06

This number is on a 'Per Hit' basis this skill has no dps

The reason I based my study on 4L is because I want this to be achievable without very amazing gear only to be complemented by it.

Gear Strengths that will benefit you:
Spoiler

Because of the shield nodes Elemental resist is not as important you get a Huge 36% from your skill tree
Spell Damage Scales Chaos Damage
Damage mitigation does not affect your reflect

Weaknesses:
Spoiler
No especially good other skill skill to use
Far from CI/IR/US

My questions to everyone:

What do you think and how should I increase damage, i was thinking adding Crit multiplier/Crit Chance or Crit Chance/Ele Prolif as my 5th and 6th links. (Shock stacking everything that dares attack you would be crazy)

I understand without CI/VP/GR Leach will not be instant. Do you think it would be better to drop Static Blows and move to the right Side of the tree to grab those instead?

I think after factoring Spell damage etc from gear, power charges, etc this build has a lot to offer. Please let me know what you guys think and if there could be any growth or improvements.

After some more theory crafting i look forward to trying this if feedback looks good.

Thorns mods on gear. Either Aegis Aurora or a thorns shield.

I think it would be a funny idea, and good luck!
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I'm thinking about trying something in the same line in the weekend.

Haven't finished my idea for the build yet. so wount link any sugestion on it atm. Only one problem i see so far with this build is magic based mobs. As the base spell block you get from the passive tree is low you will need Stone of Lazhwar, Rathpith Globe, Raffels frame or rainbowstride. Non of them realy fits onto my ideas on this stage. Will see what I come up with.
I'm currently trying to make a build like this and am wondering how it went for you seeing as you played on onslaught with it.

Also would it be possible to update the passive tree.
Don't waste your time, guys. Even if you could get Tempest Shield to 1-shot white mobs (a stretch), your clear speed will still be beyond terrible. Very few mob types bee-line to you and attack immediately and rapidly. And the blue/rare mobs will take ages to kill.

I repeat, don't waste your time.

The most clever use of Tempest shield I've seen is attaching Curse on Hit to it with Enfeeble/Temp Chains, or even an offensive curse to help against bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info