Marauder Help! Spec, Dps and Survivability

I'm having issues with survivability on my Marauder. I'm running a 2h mace Blood Magic Build.

Current Build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAzbEgV9E0PdcSIY8jy9UXzzGTSffTP_B71IvEqwHOOIsA1OTmNKgBeXWdGsSiN6h2eE0BuhcVF9aodrQ9u6_foH3biS7mkKRwEMKVM_Ft-6YFkiF6PSQAtQdrlNUPSLvi1YyD9PBu5y-06odb98twGduhx-nUucAgaA1hmc0SrI6qQzF8udZEYYmDkyS3otBqCmXZTkddgsJUeecA9iayznrfWBDY2cav6jtuP2GKaiiJG-3cDvSWESq6bV40NrVqN5cIRCmGwI-qSAHzU09swsl6D_pbecGXPSq--Pf0myjBKrPUAmUqhiD-_o4=

With that said, I seem to really only have issue with Ranged monsters. Skeleton Archers, Plants etc etc. Not to the point of me having to run away but requiring me to use a Decoy Totem and I find it's a huge waste of a skill and I'd like to do without it.

I mostly stay alive with life steal, so if there is any area that you see I'm lacking in please let me know and I'll improve it.

Main Hand Life Leech From Physical Attacks: 7%
Life Gained on Hit: 24
Life Leech From Any Damage: 4%

It's okay but id like it to be better.

Here is my current gear setup, I'm not 100% sure on what I should be looking for in regards to gear so anything in that department would be nice in regards to advice.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Any advice regarding sockets, gems, spec, gear anythingat all would be great!

Thanks in Advance,
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
What's your HP at? There are 2 12% life node between Resolute and Blood Magic. Having more HP means more life regen as well. (5% + gear + vitality aura).. and if you keep going, there is a 12% dmg, 6% atk speed with maces node.

What's your armor at? Your chestpiece is decently linked, but that may be a huge armor loss. There are also 2 armor nodes down towards Unwavering Stance you can pick up.

Why Weapon Elemental Damage in your chestpiece? I'd swap it with the Added Fire Damage in your boots since Heavy Strike is a physical attack and you have Lava Lash too. Or use both Added Fire and Weapon Elemental, but that will cost even more HP.

Why do you have a level 14 life flask? Movement speed is decent, but the reduced time on it sucks. I'd grab a normal one and reroll it.

Do you need dex/int for something? The 5% accuracy of Versatility is worthless with Resolute.

You could pick up something like Enfeeble to weaken them too.

I hope this helps!
Edit - One more thing, I'd look for some boots with movement speed. Reduce the time between mobs to trigger off more leech.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Aug 17, 2012, 1:50:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info