Payments going down on creditcard after prepurchase

Hi there,

Tonight I purchased two "early access packs", which is listed as $10 each. After entering my CC details, I started getting text messages for payments going through. First I got one for R82 (ZAR, south african rands), which comes to $10, then another of R82. Shortly thereafter, two more came through for R8. This bothered me slightly, but I thought I'd let it go (seeing as the game looked so damn promising). Shortly after that, another two R8's came through.

Yes, I realize its not much, but in principle, I have a problem with this. What was the additional transactions for? I feel partially cheated/scammed over here. Can anyone explain to my what this was for?

Also, if this is the wrong forum, I apologize. This seemed like the most appropriate place to post.

thanks in advance,

Maerdyn
You're going to want to email support@grindinggear.com to talk to them directly about it.

Noone but them can answer and I doubt this is something they'd discuss on a public forum anyways.

L
So, as _Lokken suggest, I contacted Grindinggear support. Coming from a long history of gaming company support, I didn't have much hope, and was expecting some prebuilt, default response in the next few weeks. In my heart, I already wrote that money off.

Much to my surprise, when I logged into my email this morning, I saw a reply on my email! It was a "handwritten" email, explaining that they have checked the records, and only the $10 has gone down as far as they could see, and they recommend contacting my creditcard company to find out where the money went. (On further investigation, I re-read the texts, and discovered the payments weren't all payments, but payments, and reversals on those payments).

I am thoroughly impressed and please with the support I've received from you guys so far, and hoping you will keep it up!

Regards,

Maerdyn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info