2H Mace Marauder / Fire Burnin'

I began this build as a Templar, so my current build is not identical to this; however, this is how I plan to build a 2H melee character once v1.0 goes live.

At level 60:

Notable Skills:
[] Ground Slam & Sweep: (Added Fire Damage + Chance to Ignite + Weapon Elemental Damage + Elemental Proliferation)
[] Molten Shell & Leap Slam: (Added Fire Damage + Chance to Ignite + Weapon Elemental Damage + Elemental Proliferation)
[] Anger & Discipline: (Reduced Mana Cost)
[] Elemental Weakness: (Totem? Or maybe no supports)

Observations:
Molten Shell will not benefit from Added Fire Damage or Weapon Elemental Damage, but it shares benefit from Chance to Ignite and Elemental Proliferation with Leap Slam, so they're bot going into the same 6-link item to avoid need for redundant gem acquisition.

I don't know if Aura's benefit from Reduced Mana Cost? I haven't tested this gem out yet.

Looking for feedback, as my Templar is currently only in his 20's. I'm not sure if I'm predicting an appropriate trade off between defense and dps for the end game. If the build will work as is, then levels 61+ will be spent focusing on increased fire damage.

Will the 3% inherent life leech from passives be enough when combined with ll from items, that the LGoH or LL support gems won't be needed?

Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Aug 16, 2012, 1:08:40 PM
Auras do benefit from Reduced Mana Cost.

Life leech won't be enough, no matter how high you push it. You'll be hit too fast and too hard for it to matter. There is two ways to go about solving this - you either go with armor passives or you go with life passives. My suggestion is a combination of the two. You don't have access to a whole lot tho. Take the 3 armor nodes at mara starting point (+15+10+18) and 3 life nodes (3x8) near the templar endurance charge.

While leveling you should first worry about survivability, then about damage. At the beginning dying doesn't cost you anything, but at 30 it'll cost you 15 minutes of exp, at 40 it'll be half an hour and at 50 it could be an hour worth of exp.

Some more tips:
* have an alternate weapon set with 1h and shield and put shield charge in it, so you have a way to escape. Leap slam is good, but having both is better. Kite shields are good for this because they have innate +resists. In situations you want to get out of, it might be handy to be able to max your resists. Round shields give you massive boost to stun recovery, that might be of help too.
* some flasks are better than others - "instant recovery when on low life" and "added run speed while flask is in use" will save your ass many times.
* having level 1 Flicker Strike will help you clear out situations with many spaced-out archers and casters and is generally a really good gap-closer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info