Underleveled, can't catch up

I think it's pretty likely this will be changed in 0.9.2. At the very least there will be a wider range of levels where there is no penalty at all.

There will still be a penalty for killing monsters substantially higher than you, to stop abuse. I think we can all agree that a level 1 character shouldn't be getting 100% exp from level 50 monsters ;)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
We'll definitely be changing it so that it's far more lenient towards what areas you can get full experience in. My comment about a level 1 player killing a level 50 monster (and how he should not get full experience) is due to three things:

a) He probably had help from party members and is being rushed. It's nice if the same experience system also applies to parties so that there's no disincentive to group up.

b) If alone, he probably used exploitative behaviour to kill the monster.

c) Even if he gets a huge experience penalty, it's probably still enough experience to level up anyway! High monsters give massive amounts relative to low levels.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Lmaoboat wrote:
Maybe if the areas were actually worth exploring instead of just being giant boxes of monsters. The entire game is like Durance of Hate level 2.

Please, go on? I am very interested in what you suggest we change?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info