[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBA4cEfgSxBbUMjQzyDUkOSA-rEZYR1RXwFf0a2xutHhomlSgqMFQwcTB8NJM2PTZCOkI6WDqzPWU-z0BVSn1LeExgTipRR1PfVUtW-ljbWhpbr2HiY3BnHmegan5te25pb1dwcn8rhNmHGYd2iGuMNo2_koCVZplXm4Oly6c0qBquz7GztMW1SLZBvea-p8ai037UI9YH1ordDd2o44TndOsU647tQe127g7voO_j-WP8xf-T

I modified it a bit, not sure how it's going to work out as I did thieve a lot of life from the build. I'm not entirely sure the claw nodes above mental acuity are as efficient as some other places, but it's late and math isn't my strong point............especially when tired. Anyway thanks again for the great build framework, would definitely not have been able to been so successful so quickly without it.
I'm using a build very similar to this, but I have a question about armor/evasion.

As it stands, I'm lvl 60 and in a2 merciless. I'm a bit concerned about pressing forward. My damage seems fine, 5.5k single target, 2.6k aoe(this will go up I swapped gems, still leveling them). However I only have 350 or so armor. My evasion is pretty good, around 3.6k so I'm typically around 50% chance to evade. My issue is that when I get hit, I get hit pretty hard and it worries me lol.

Should I swap some evasion pieces out, and use more armor? I notice in your initial post, you mention that you use <900 armor, which seems low to me. Below I'll link my gear and, if you don't mind, let me know what you would do. I have some currency, I've been saving to get a BoR. Try to keep that in mind as I'd prefer not to shell out a ton of currency to fix the problem, but I will if need be. Also I know my helmet sucks hahaha.

Spoiler
Yes, I'm aware that having less than 800 armour in 72+ maps is virtual suicide. I just really like pulling off the spectacular and unbelievable. (It's only spectacular and unbelievable if you don't know the trick, but sure looks that way from the outside. Trick here is blind, dual wield block, and a whole lot of life leech.)

First off, you should probably get a Bloodseeker with some of those funds you've been saving for a Rain, if you don't already have one. That's the key to this build, because it's either Bloodseeker or VP for instant leech. Non-instant is just a waste of good leech. Get a Bloodseeker. Yeah, you'll only get to use it in 2 levels' time, but get one anyway. I promise the difference is spectacular.

And upgrade that belt.

Besides that, if you want more survivability, consider switching out Faster Attacks for Blind on Reave. It'll cost you DPS, of course, but isn't that always the case? Or buy a 5L and do both. It'll likely be overkill once you get a Bloodseeker, but there's no kill like overkill, and Blind really is amazing. (Yeah, no kill like overkill. Nemesis. I'm aware.)

I don't see your skill tree, so I can't make any suggestions on that point right now, but if you don't like taking damage - get some dw block nodes. Dual wield block is absolutely the best, really. I love dual wield block. Nor do I know how much HP you have, but if it's in the 2k range, it's definitely enough to clear at least through Piety. 3k is better. 4k...never reached that number on any character ever, would you believe?

Besides that, the usual: enduring cry, either manually or on CDT. Alternatively, end charge on stun. Granite flask. (Also jade flask, because why not, and topaz flask because lol storm herald, and instant flasks of whatever. Flasks really are brilliant things.)

Updated the OP: added a note about the mana on kill nodes. Added a note on HC viability of this build.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Nov 19, 2013, 10:44:04 AM
Thanks for the reply, I wanted more damage than bloodseeker so I went Vaal Pact. My next goal was the dual wield block nodes, currently at 17%, so that will help. I did hate to loose the DPS on reave, previously I had 3.8k but I had to change gear. I have 2800 hp currently, and I trust you on that aspect.

My biggest nightmare would be ripping 1 of 2 ways: getting 1 shot, through lack of armor. Or having several mobs with an extra damage mod all successfully land the first attack. Now my leech is good, once I get going I stay on full, even corrupted blood with 20 stacks I can tank. I do carry a granite, I don't crit much but perhaps I should try to refill on crit?

I will test out the blind, and suffer through reaves dps loss :(

Again thanks!
I've been running this build since lvl 20 or so. Tons of fun. I didn't pick up VP until my late 60's and the build still worked great. Now I finally have some badass claws and I can start to really work on maps.

290 PDPS

235 PDPS

The rest of my gear is hit or miss. Any ideas on where to focus would help:

Here is my build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAA4cEfgSxBbUMjQzyDUkOSA-rFfAY2xrbG60dyh4aIWAj9iaVKCootSjbKjgwVDBxMHwyATY9NkI6QjpYPWU-z0BVQKBKfUt4TGBQQlFHVUtW-lpIW69h4mHrZ6Bte29XdPF6U38rhTKHGYd2jDaNfY2_koCVZplXmyaiLqXLpzSoGqp_qriuz7Gzshm0xbVIvebGos961CPWit0N3ajf7-d06NbrFOuO7UHuDu9O7_D5Y_zF_5M=

I am probably going to work in Crystal Skin and avoid chill/freeze next, and finish out with another 2 dual wield block nodes.

I am running MOM right now to try it out. I like it because now mana potions kind of replace the loss of health pots when you go VP. I would like to beef up my mana pool a bit to make better use of this skill. I am running about 2800 hp right now with 150ish armor so anything to help the 1 shots really helps.
Last edited by Niwi on Nov 21, 2013, 1:06:47 PM
Nice claws!

Looks like you're not running crit, so the ICD gem could be replaced by AoE and that should help quite a bit, or you could recolour and go with MPD or AFD. Other than that, though, looks like you only need generic stat upgrades, like getting more HP/resists on the rest of the gear.
So I started looking at making a dual claw build and came up with a decent looking skill tree. I plan to use the Bloodseeker unless I get crazy lucky and find two amazing claws along the way, in which case I'll head down a few nodes and grab Vaal Pact. I want to run this build on Nemesis, so I tried to grab as much life as I could. I'm mainly posting here to get any input if someone thinks there's something I should change feel free to reply to this, I'd rather figure out the issues now before I start building the character.

Tree link:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVIsbPrjm177UE2Qq7PVUuoGow2JpUPq-d0PWU2PWHikoCly4hrDPLjhAW1Dki0xY2_pzSdqkBVUUdirG9XPs-quNadDI295qp_DUn5Y419FfAa2zpY7g5MYAR-I_ZW-gSxhxnv8PzFlWZaSGeg3Q0Dh4d2W69wchutSn1OKtN-KaW2QTSTWhpjcCyF7-N08b6nIWDSTW5pEiBAoMAPhNlei565BS1lTSXfz_hgS0d-G_p676vFpBl07b2BAdyZK76KeA1YrzboAeenMJ_LFCBQRw==
how do you handle cold dmg???
Hi,

My next step is Duelist tree, but it takes 4 points to get there.

Why don't we go for Swagger, Arm Wrestling and Fencing instead and use those 4 points locally?
There seems to be little at duelist that you can't get from ranger area already at this point:

Skilltree before going Duelist

Skilltree with Swagger, Arm Wrestling and Fencing
I added ambidexterity and some hp nodes also on the last link. hmm, maybe there is something from duelist that makes the trip worth it, I can't see it yet.
IGN: McDerpston, McDerpyHerp
Last edited by SaFFeR on Nov 23, 2013, 11:31:54 AM
@ghotbijr
"
I'd rather figure out the issues now before I start building the character.

yeah if you ever reach 90 that's valid, though skip US if you get a Rain because that keystone is practically mortal enemies with Blind.

@spruceleee
"
how do you handle cold dmg???

high hp = rarely get frozen, and for Asphyxia I have one of these

@SaFFeR
"
Why don't we go for Swagger, Arm Wrestling and Fencing instead and use those 4 points locally?
There seems to be little at duelist that you can't get from ranger area already at this point.

hmm, maybe there is something from duelist that makes the trip worth it, I can't see it yet.

primarily 3 reasons: dual wield block, master of the arena, HP and regen nodes. Also that one last frenzy charge. You are free to stay within ranger area if you so wish, of course.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info