Blood magic/ energy shield

Couldn't find a thread about this so here i go.

Why is Energy shield recovery connected to losing hp. I can understand why you woudn't recover being poisoned/on fire and that being a reason for losing hp, but losing hp from using blood magic is kinda diferent, it makes es kinda "one hit" solution while fighting constatnly. I think the es recovery should start after a certain amount of time after being hit and not connected to hp status excluding that of being on fire/poisoned/other ailments.

what do You think?
"
Nobue wrote:

Why is Energy shield recovery connected to losing hp. I can understand why you woudn't recover being poisoned/on fire and that being a reason for losing hp, but losing hp from using blood magic is kinda diferent, it makes es kinda "one hit" solution while fighting constatnly. I think the es recovery should start after a certain amount of time after being hit and not connected to hp status excluding that of being on fire/poisoned/other ailments.

what do You think?

Because then it would be utterly op, i mean energy shields recovers in 3 secs after 7 secs or so that u went out of the combat, now imagine u have 1000hp+1000es+hp regen nodes+vitality u cant kill that son of a bitch, he is immortal unless u do 2k dmg in one hit. once u got the es out u have to deal 1000 dmg within 7 secs, taking in count the hp regen this makes it imposible and if u dont do it the energy shield will be up again letting him get full hp that would be basically inmortallity

k i think i didnt understood the thread, i agree with u in the blood magic thing but not in the poison one.
Why? easy: the same thing above i had poison status that took my hp away during 12 secs with that time i would alredy had the es on and full hp after besides if u got bm or want high hp dont spennd points on es or int
Last edited by GinsooPanda on Aug 15, 2012, 2:09:55 PM
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
"
Nobue wrote:

what do You think?

Because then it would be utterly op, i mean energy shields recovers in 3 secs after 7 secs or so that u went out of the combat, now imagine u have 1000hp+1000es+hp regen nodes+vitality u cant kill that son of a bitch, he is immortal unless u do 2k dmg in one hit. once u got the es out u have to deal 1000 dmg within 7 secs, taking in count the hp regen this makes it imposible and if u dont do it the energy shield will be up again letting him get full hp that would be basically inmortallity

Not to mention that you can reduce the time it takes for ES to start recovering...
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
My point is that player using mana recovers his shield as he fights and uses skills yet those using blood magic have to stop using all skills before they can recover the shield.
I agree that this is annoying.

My templar had to stop using ES almost entirely once he got blood magic; Merely casting a totem resets the ES recovery. In order to regain ES, you simply can't use any skills, whatsoever, for about 9 seconds.

Perhaps this is a reasonable part of blood magic's balancing, but I simply find it annoying.

(As already said, DoT's should still delay ES recovery.)
Agree that the current blood magic + energy shield interaction could use to be fixed.
IGN: KoTao
I don't know, I think ES+BM being incompatible adds some flavor. Energy shield sounds like something wholesome mana users should be utilizing, not self mutilating freaks.
www.twitch.tv/nightmaren

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info