(Aug 18 NZT) Euro-Friendly One-hour Cut-throat Event

This was the first CT league I got to participate in and I enjoyed it immensely. It was exactly as I expected: unforgiving.

As for a solution to help curb high level players from obliterating low level players, I'm actually not a fan of level restrictions for areas. Being able to kill someone extremely underpowered compared to you is, in my opinion, what cut-throat is all about. It's a part of the game. However, I do agree that it can become a big problem in leagues that last for a long amount of time.

How about working in some sort of bounty system as a solution? For example, if a player kills enough low level people (comparatively) in a specific span of time, a global message goes out giving his name and allowing you to track his whereabouts (there can be some sort of bounty screen for this sort of stuff). Killing him will, in addition to getting the gear that he drops, reward you with something extra to give incentive in the first place (e.g. X number of random currency items). If a player has a bounty placed on him, restrict him from accessing any town area for something like 10 minutes.

Bounty reward can increase based on how many additional people the player has killed since initially being flagged.

This way, cut-throat doesn't just allow you to be the villain, but it also allows you to be the hero. And if you are the villain, then you better be strong because players will be after you.

Either way, whatever the solution is, I'm just not the biggest fan of level restrictions; I'd rather have community involvement of some sort.
I really like the idea of a bounty =P. Maybe the person with the highest number of kills of people that are over 3 levels below them (just use effective range, from the exp calculations or something), well that person becomes the bounty & if you kill them they lose 100% of their exp instead of the normal amount =).
That would really make everyone want to kill you, though I dont know if this could be abused or not. You guys would probably have to come up with a reward that is both enticing & not abuse-able. (Exp is probably less abuse-able than currency rewards)

You could have the bounty screen as an extra tab sort of like the friends list, but you can see the current bounty & what map/level they are. You would lose bounty status if you died, and would only gain bounty status again if you killed another person too far below your level (this would be a deterrent to gank low level people because you could get yourself re-added to the bounty list because kill counts dont re-set.)
Kinda like Chris that always has a bounty on his head anyway.
I'm BACK :)
"
Metronomy wrote:
I really like the idea of a bounty =P. Maybe the person with the highest number of kills of people that are over 3 levels below them (just use effective range, from the exp calculations or something), well that person becomes the bounty & if you kill them they lose 100% of their exp instead of the normal amount =).
That would really make everyone want to kill you, though I dont know if this could be abused or not. You guys would probably have to come up with a reward that is both enticing & not abuse-able. (Exp is probably less abuse-able than currency rewards)

You could have the bounty screen as an extra tab sort of like the friends list, but you can see the current bounty & what map/level they are. You would lose bounty status if you died, and would only gain bounty status again if you killed another person too far below your level (this would be a deterrent to gank low level people because you could get yourself re-added to the bounty list because kill counts dont re-set.)

something like

what about attching a bounty rating to players and for parties...

solo , Party size of 3 can come after you at normal rating

+1 = party of 4
+2 = party of 5
+3 = full party can hunt you

As to what to base the rating off of you could either do ilvl or kills, but if its kils people would just avoid PK so they only had to deal with a max of +2 people on them.

Just a thought... Something akin to APB bounty rating system with an announce for max rating so people actually hunt you.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
I might make a new thread for this idea, but I dont like having a rating. The point of a bounty to me is to encourage people to hunt/allowing people to target the people killing lower levelled people, as well as discourage people from actually wanting to become the bounty themselves (thus indirectly giving people an actual reason not to kill people significantly lower levelled from them, but still allowing you to).

I really dont want and kind of straight out restriction. Maybe a restriction is needed for long term, I cant really tell, but short term I feel many restrictions just go against the whole point of cut-throat.
Chris, what was your name in game?

GGG_Chris?
Because I killed a whole team in sub passage and they all had GGG_InsertDEVnamehere as their playernames.

Just wondering if I killed you.
I was a dual whielding Duelist.
Hehe, I did some feeding in this league, but did not end up getting a kill! :)
This is not my type of gameplay and I think I see what people are on about, when it comes to rangers being a bit strong in this patch. I would, however say that picking templar in a cutthroat league might have been my primary undoing! He is pretty squishy! However, he has a lot of cold damage, so might have been my own lack of denfensive capabilities.

Bounties should not hurt the player being killed. They should encourage others to kill the character. Compared to playing only pve, there is a very good potential for higher experience from killing players.
Monster-level gap, but with 0 safe-zone to begin with and 1 spread for each 8 levels of the lowest level player or something like that might be worth it too since it is an existing system in the game being rebalanced.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
Metronomy wrote:

Lol, I didn't try Cuttthroat yet but that sounds like a great idea to flesh out this game mode. It reminds me of children's game of tagging.
Players do need to practice a little self constraint. I know my buddy and I killed a level 4 witch while we were level 7 and I really felt shit about it but in our defence she did invade our area. In the same instance we had a few other battles and we made a point to not kill naked characters that returned to find gear.

The thing is people need to realise that repeatedly killing the same people is very short sighted as it won't be long before there is no longer a cut-throat league to play.

I really do like the Bounty idea - BUT that could actually boomerang. You could easily have high level characters purposely killing low levels just so that they could become the most "Wanted Bad-ass"

I really think the best solution would be to "Boost" Naked characters fists to the extent that they could actually take on a kitted out character AND make it impossible for a character to kill the same character again in ten minutes. - the result - Hunter will move on.

I'm BACK :)
high bounty should have an XP bonus attached to it if they go this that route.

At current it seems like CT is race to get to ledges, turn around and kick peoples asses.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info