....Game froze and i closed the program and now I am in default...

By the way this happened in Hardcore. My character was actually from the 2 week HC race recently.

Can you please help -___- that's not fair...Happened a minute before this post.

My friend was in my team he can vouch for me that he did not see a death message. I was only fighting normal monsters and while it was frozen I spammed potions and I hit ESC and it just closed with that one button and when I logged on I was dead. Please do an investigation at least. An explanation of how that was possible will help me mentally thanks. =]

Also please do not release this game yet until problems like this are fixed because this is a huge problem and it is severely unfair and frustrating to people that have worked hard and have missed many near death experiences. Only to be killed by the game freezing and getting D/C. Even if a D/C supposedly keeps you character in game, getting hit for ten seconds my character was level 69 in a level 61 map with max resists. 3k+ hp 61% DR 57% block chance 100 life regen/sec, there is no way I would have died taking hits from normal enemies for ten seconds.

Please look into this matter and for the sake of this awesome game that you guys have created. Please do not release this game until this problem is resolved. Even if I don't get my character back as long as this problem is resolved I would be somewhat glad. But of course I do want my character back because the way it died is not fair. It's all in your hands now whoever handles these matters.

Thank you for your time.

Also my friend was right there next to me. He said he saw just disappear and he can easily kill normal monsters with his poison arrow. If you want to verify all that I have said PM my friend in game or something his name is Targuil_never_runs_away.
"God does not conform to your imagination"
- Me
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- The Lord (John 14:6)
Last edited by SeekJohn14v6 on Aug 14, 2012, 9:46:53 PM
bump =/
- Me
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
We can't return your character to the Hardcore league, sadly, but we'll have a look at the instance reports and see what happened. Sorry for the loss of your character!
Balance & Design
Yeah I kinda expected that. Don't you think that is wrong though? I worked hard trying not to die and gearing my character all the way to level 69 to be killed by a game bug? Seriously this is very bad and a massive problem for this game. I really hope you guys fix this I know it happened to other people to but if it keeps happening to to alot more people what GGG has created might slowly destroy itself. I really like this game and my proof that my character could not have died and the fact that my friend was there and you can't help me makes me sad -___-' It feels like if someone got fired for someone else and there is proof that the person is innocent yet he is still fired anyways. That's kind of how I feel right now. I know its a beta but it's terrible that you guys can't or at least will not recover characters that have been wrongfully killed by a game bug. Even if you look at my character and gear and passive skill tree and buffs and the place where my character died and the fact that my friend was there all proves that it is completely impossible to die and yet I guess the rules that have been set forth by GGG states that no one in any circumstances can be revived at all. That's my assumption and I guess you are just following the rules. But seriously please fix this because this is a very disturbing problem losing a character over a freeze/ d/c and also I heard from one of my friends that they went on a way point and tried to go somewhere and while it was loading they d/c and when they returned to log on they ended up in default. This is really not acceptible but we have no choice but to accept it because this game is free and its a beta and its a privilege and all that but I'm sure if you had a game where you worked really hard at gathering stuff, grinding, assuming that you play these kind of games, that if some kind of d/c or bug just wipes out your character that you will be completely dissatisfied and probably pissed off depending on how much time and effort you put forth to create that character. Like I said before please fix this guys at least let us have the gear that our characters have that have been killed wrongfully by a game bug. In the very least please let us have their gear...Sorry for this wall of text and I hope you can relate to my frustration if not its ok you are just doing your job. Thank you for replying to my thread.
- Me
at least it happened in beta. Your guy was gonna get wiped eventually anyways at open beta so the loss is much less now that it would be later.

Small consolation maybe :)

Good luck!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Perhaps there needs to be a way on GGG's end to transfer characters between leagues, just in the event something like this does happen after Open Beta. I say this because having played many MMO's, it's losing a high level character with 0 chance of getting back what you've worked hard for that will drive players away.
I AM ERROR
"
Bloodlash wrote:
Perhaps there needs to be a way on GGG's end to transfer characters between leagues, just in the event something like this does happen after Open Beta. I say this because having played many MMO's, it's losing a high level character with 0 chance of getting back what you've worked hard for that will drive players away.

This is the risk you take when playing HC, particularly in closed beta in a game that still has some serious stability issues. Obviously the stability issues are being addressed, but there will always be 'unfair' HC deaths due to lag, disconnects, power outages, wireless mouse batteries dying, cats jumping on the keyboard, etc. If you are deeply upset by character deaths that are sometimes out of your control, perhaps you should reconsider playing HC in an always-online game. The technology is good, but it's not perfect. You should have seen how many D3 characters died in a big server lag spike. You have to be able to laugh and reroll.

PoE's HC is forgiving anyway. You don't even lose your character when it dies the way you do in Diablo. It goes to default league and you can still play. Your stashed gear is still in your HC stash, available to new characters you roll in HC. You can even move some gear and items from your HC stash to default on a low-level mule if you want. (Roll a new character in HC, Kill Hillock, get to town, load up inventory, kill the character, and it will respawn in default with your stuff.)

By the way, remember everything is going to be wiped in a few months for Open Beta anyway. You are going to lose this character and all your stuff anyway.
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Aug 16, 2012, 1:43:40 PM
"
MorriganGrey wrote:
"
Bloodlash wrote:

This is the risk you take when playing HC, particularly in closed beta in a game that still has some serious stability issues. Obviously the stability issues are being addressed, but there will always be 'unfair' HC deaths due to lag, disconnects, power outages, wireless mouse batteries dying, cats jumping on the keyboard, etc. If you are deeply upset by character deaths that are sometimes out of your control, perhaps you should reconsider playing HC in an always-online game. The technology is good, but it's not perfect. You should have seen how many D3 characters died in a big server lag spike. You have to be able to laugh and reroll.

PoE's HC is forgiving anyway. You don't even lose your character when it dies the way you do in Diablo. It goes to default league and you can still play. Your stashed gear is still in your HC stash, available to new characters you roll in HC. You can even move some gear and items from your HC stash to default on a low-level mule if you want. (Roll a new character in HC, Kill Hillock, get to town, load up inventory, kill the character, and it will respawn in default with your stuff.)

By the way, remember everything is going to be wiped in a few months for Open Beta anyway. You are going to lose this character and all your stuff anyway.

Yes I realize that and I'm already working on my other duelist. But like I said in the message that I hope they fix this problem because like the previous guy said that unfair deaths is what is going to drive players away and I really want this game to succeed and become the game that sets the standards in this genre. I applaud GGG for how far they have gotten and how much work they have put in and yes I know it is a beta and I have no inkling of how big of a problem unfair deaths are or have any idea how much work and investigation GGG will have to put forth to solve these problems and I do hope for their sake that they delay the character wipe and Open beta until there is almost no way of these "unfair" deaths from game bugs, from ever happening so that everything that GGG has worked hard for continues to pick up momentum and become an unstoppable force that other companies will emulate and have an impact in the history of f2p games.
- Me
I hope the same. :) The last couple patches have been such major improvements I'm sure they can get this issue sorted!

I hope you're luckier with the game client on your next duelist!
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Aug 16, 2012, 7:07:37 PM
"
Rory wrote:
We can't return your character to the Hardcore league, sadly, but we'll have a look at the instance reports and see what happened. Sorry for the loss of your character!

Hi Rory! So what happened in the instance you said you were going to check out? I'm curious to know what really caused my death. Thanks
- Me
Last edited by SeekJohn14v6 on Aug 18, 2012, 11:06:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info