Weird glitch

Can someone explain to me why when sometimes when an enemy jumps/runs at me they disappear and re-appear like 10 meters back? is it just a lag spike issue or actual game issue, I'm not sure. thanks.

- Ricki
Knowledge is power.
Last edited by Rickiwot on Aug 14, 2012, 3:42:06 AM
From everything I've read, it has to do with where the server thinks an enemy is and where the client thinks an enemy is. If the two are different, they will sync back up at a certain moment. For you, as a player, this could mean that an enemy appears in a different place than you saw it last.
Looks like someone missed their weekly meeting of Douchebag's Anonymous.

"
The_Paw wrote:
From everything I've read, it has to do with where the server thinks an enemy is and where the client thinks an enemy is. If the two are different, they will sync back up at a certain moment. For you, as a player, this could mean that an enemy appears in a different place than you saw it last.

Hmm well at least I sort of get why it was doing that, oh well Im sure by full release they'll have it near flawless, I mean it doesn't happen too often for me at least but is annoying at times when its a special monster that Im trying to kite.
Knowledge is power.
Yea, what you have is called rubber banding or desync. As explained by The Paw.

If you don't run through large mobs or have large amount of mobs following you, then it shouldn't kill you.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Aug 14, 2012, 10:52:35 PM
rubber banding or desync from the server

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright
Thanks for the responses, I thought it had something to do with something like those two reasons, just needed the clarification.
Knowledge is power.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info