Am I the only one who doesn't care about races?

I have more free time than I'd care to admit, pretty much all I do is play this game and yet I have little to no interest in racing. The only time I actually wanted to participate and had fun was the ONE cutthroat race I've seen, would obviously just have that league already though.

Why do you race?

Edit: meant to post this on the Beta Race and Season Feedback board
Last edited by RICEMIN on Jul 8, 2013, 3:20:25 AM
Yes, you're the only person in the world that doesn't care for races.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
i'm done with races, i rage way too hard when i do them, and i don't even care about the items at all.

i always seem to get fucked somehow lol, like earlier today on the 12min turbo i was 3rd place while i was in lower submerged, and then i go to flooded depths (dead end), and then the wp (another dead end) and because of that it pretty much fucked me so i raged when i was in the ledge and just died on purpose.

and then yesterday i was doing the 135 min solo, got to merv was doing decent was top 5 shadow, allll the way to merv i get ONE tp scroll, can't kill her easily since i got zeroooo loot so i was using fire trap. i got first phase down to ~10% left using fire trap ONLY with 0% cold res kiting like a boss hogg, only to know that i'm about to die because i don't have any more TP scrolls. so i stopped even trying after all my pots were gone and raged and let her kill me.

seriously, i think i get high BP when i play races.

edit: also had to kill brutus with fire trap, that was fun
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
Last edited by silidons on Jul 8, 2013, 3:25:16 AM
I stopped caring about them too. I think its because now I play Onslaught, but race prizes go in standard HC, which I dont know if ill ever touch again (new long term leagues coming after the current ones end, etc..)

Maybe Ill force myself to Chayula, but that will be it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 8, 2013, 3:27:25 AM
I did 3 races so far, spent 3 hours doing it and got a unique for the points I got. I LIKE IT! :D

But I don't play the long races. If I have to go somewhere else in the time the race is going on I would feel bad xD
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
with the current schedule of descent races i would have to plan my life around them, instead of playing them when/if i have time.

so no, you are not the only one who doesn't care about races.

I love the descent races and the short normal ones (45-90 min). It's just fun to push yourself and to set and reach some goals. Sadly most people get no prizes since they go to hardcore which is basically dead x)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'll do the descent races because they're not standard leveling fair, plus I'm a sucker for a free alternate art unique or two (my death just now in the currently running race got me my sin treks, so I'm happy). Normally I don't compete in them, but when I'm on and it is different enough, I'll give the races a whirl.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
Barry wrote:
Yes, you're the only person in the world that doesn't care for races.

Thank you for the sarcasm, probably could have chose a better thread title.

It seems most other people who 'don't care for races' are just either dissatisfied with descent or feel entitled to better loot, whereas I just don't see how they could possibly be fun or worth playing even if the loot was ten times better. It also seems really out of place in a game where most of the fun is in building up characters with such expansive and intricately personalized passive skill trees.

Forget races, gib me Cutthroat league.

Mmh, sometimes i spent an hour or two in races, but not very often.
It´s a little bit boring to start over and over again with a new char.
I´m more the one to level one char at a time, trying to get as far as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info