Couple questions about Explosive Arrow

I'm currently building around that skill so I would like to know some things about it =).

1-> How many charges can an enemy hold? It gets hard to tell.

2-> Does a "Increased critical strike chance with Bow" passive increase the chance to get a critical explosion?

3-> Do multiple explosions at once have different critical strike rolls? Also, do they count as different effects for Surgeon flasks?

Thanks.
1. BA has a max of five charges. Any more applied after that will just reset the timer on five charges.

2. This one I'm not completely certain on. I think that it is technically a secondary effect, so it is not weapon-based damage, and would therefore not be increased by "Increased critical strike chance with Bow" passives.

3. It's difficult to get multiple explosions at the exact same time due to arrow travel time, but I'm fairly certain they all have different critical strike rolls. I'm also not certain whether secondary effects work with Surgeon's flasks. Obviously, a stack of 5 charges that crits will only count as one critical strike if they do work. It shouldn't be too hard to test with a diamond flask or two and a surgeon's flask.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
3. They do not have different critical strike rolls. The secondary portion of Explosive Arrow still follows normal game mechanics which mandates that all skills roll for crit per attack/cast, not per hit.

You can only get one charge on your Diamond flask for each mob that explodes. Individual charges do not count as individual hits.

As for the last portion of that question, I'll go test it right now.

Edit: Each crit grants a separate charge for each mob, but the crit explosion does not grant you more flask charges if you hit others with it. So if you killed 2 mobs with a crit, you would gain a total of 4 charges on your Surgeon's.

-Shaeltal (Shaelthal)
Last edited by Shaeltal on Aug 13, 2012, 1:35:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info