Flexible Race Timing

Given the fact that people participate in races from across time zones, and some people (myself included) work for most of the day and can't stay up for 1am races, perhaps some more flexibility is required in the race scheduling system.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of races being scheduled for a whole 24-hour period, where players can participate for the 1, 2, or 3 hour duration at their leisure. This would give people from different timezones a chance to compete within the same events, and also give a little more choice (for instance, I may not feel like playing a descent race today, but quite fancy a turbo race).

Perhaps this has been proposed before?
"
JosefK wrote:
Perhaps this has been proposed before?

At least a million times yes :). But it is allowed to suggest it again.

On a sidenote.. I do not like the idea. The feeling of competing "live" against other players will disappear completely. Messages like player X is first to enter zone / reach level will be impossible.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jul 5, 2013, 2:13:00 AM
That's true, it probably wouldn't be appropriate for certain types of race like cutthroat. Perhaps there's no need to entirely switch to one in favour of the other, it could be reasonable for a more casual racing or competitive league.
More races that don't count towards the competitive ladder.

Fewer races that do count towards the competitive ladder.

Want to prove you're in the top 1%? You shouldn't have to get 4 hours of sleep or less per night like you did in Season 2. You're just an average Joe who wants to race when he logs on? There should be something for you.

But at no point should races not be a simultaneous affair.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 6, 2013, 5:47:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info