Quick Descent Feedback

It's fun, it was nice playing with pretty much no clue what I was doing for the first time in a very long time.

Some things I'd like to see different:

1. The chest idea is great but it should come with more variability and to be honest, screw people now and then. Personally I think there should be 3-5 chests for curious/alluring which randomly choose different things to give you. They stick with certain themes, some are better than others but everything fits within the class.

2. I still get bored starting from a fresh toon. I'd really like to see the race start at different places like lvl 10, 20, 30 etc. You have to make your character 5-15 minutes early there's X amount of chest (3-4) which contain a full suit of gear with random rarity for a certain build.

For example, shadow gets 3 chests, one build for caster, one for bow, one for melee, stuff like base gear (eva/armor/es) are chosen randomly based on class. So with shadow one box would have caster gear all es, bow would have evasion/es and melee would have all evasion, can be completely random too, like melee getting all es. They have no name associated with them and they change each time. Possibly include some orbs, the higher the start level the more orbs. Pick your gear then you have the remaining time to (re)roll the gear and set up your passives.

3. Have more of these, even if they aren't for points. It's a fun race, the first one I could get into based on my schedule was today and I don't see one I'll be able to do again for a while. This isn't a race you can easily practice for so the only way to improve is by playing it so someone like me is going to always struggle to try and break the top 10 even though I have the ability to do so.

While I got too aggressive and died at lvl 7, I did enjoy myself. It's an interesting enough race that I actually played for the first time in 2-3 weeks. Bring more ideas like this in, keep up the good work.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I was actually going to post that they should add Beguiling chests to the mix (in addition to Alluring and Captivating; naming is for mnemonics, ABC), as well as color-code the chests (red, green, blue; more mnemonics). 4 or more chests is too many.

I don't agree with having different provisions; I feel the basic start is just fine. However, I'd switch the theme of the area 1 and area 2 chests, and try to provide 3 separate builds for each class.

I've been advocating race-on-demand for some time now.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 3, 2013, 8:57:29 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I was actually going to post that they should add Beguiling chests to the mix (in addition to Alluring and Captivating; naming is for mnemonics, ABC), as well as color-code the chests (red, green, blue; more mnemonics). 4 or more chests is too many.

I don't agree with having different provisions; I feel the basic start is just fine. However, I'd switch the theme of the area 1 and area 2 chests, and try to provide 3 separate builds for each class.

I've been advocating race-on-demand for some time now.

Charan had a good point with race on demand, people can just make alt accounts. I'm not sure if GGG can do it through IP addresses, which even then I have a laptop and my roommate has a desktop I can play on (and a laptop for that matter).

I don't think there's a problem with for fun, on demand races though. If it's going to be a competition it needs to be restrictive but stuff like descent and cutthroat should be more open as they are generally more for fun anyways.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
Charan had a good point with race on demand, people can just make alt accounts.
No reward points. Either no prize support or 100% player-funded prize support, no GGG contribution; for example, maybe entree fee of 1 Chaos, prizes to top spots are paid out in Chaos, all Chaos paid in get paid out.

Races in general should have a slight IIQ bonus to smooth out RNG for competitions as well as encourage playing in them instead of continuing to farm with your level 70 MF toon; in the special case of Descent races, some GGG-provided prize support may be warranted.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 3, 2013, 10:12:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info