will onslaught be re-occuring every 4 months

will onslaught be re-occuring every 4 months like a ladder system? Looking for a response from a mod and people's thoughts on this. Would this be a good idea/ Would it kill HC.

Last edited by papas88063 on Jul 3, 2013, 8:01:21 PM
I would like this to happen, much like D2 ladder system. I always enjoyed that "fresh" feeling of everyone starting out new.
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
"
WolfStrike wrote:
I would like this to happen, much like D2 ladder system. I always enjoyed that "fresh" feeling of everyone starting out new.

I understand what your saying ladder system is nice, but if this is this case won't 4 months be to little for some to level their character to a high level.

1) Some people do not get the opportunity play that often and might leave the game if they can only reach the 70s then new ladder.

2) Won't this kill regular HC.

3) Some people don't like the 20% inc mov speed. 20% monster att speed and 20% monst cast speed.

I just think if this will be the new ladder system it needs to last longer (I am currently unemployed, so play no-life at times) but I can see where many people who have to work will quit soon if only 4 month ladder.

It would suck to those still playing and leveling character in HC thinking people would go back to that league afterwards and see that there HC trade will remain dead if not worse once it is established onlsaught league will happen every 4 months.

"
papas88063 wrote:
"
WolfStrike wrote:

I understand what your saying ladder system is nice, but if this is this case won't 4 months be to little for some to level their character to a high level.

1) Some people do not get the opportunity play that often and might leave the game if they can only reach the 70s then new ladder.

2) Won't this kill regular HC.

3) Some people don't like the 20% inc mov speed. 20% monster att speed and 20% monst cast speed.

I just think if this will be the new ladder system it needs to last longer (I am currently unemployed, so play no-life at times) but I can see where many people who have to work will quit soon if only 4 month ladder.

It would suck to those still playing and leveling character in HC thinking people would go back to that league afterwards and see that there HC trade will remain dead if not worse once it is established onlsaught league will happen every 4 months.

Current D2 ladder is reset once every 6 months and to be honest, it could be done much sooner. But that's a different game with not much variance (first with a Jah/Ber? Congrats on the farm bot and the loot to come)

Granted it's early and I recently got back in to the game after a few month absence, but that's why this is a beta. Highest character I have is a 51 templar so I also don't have a wealth of personal experience of which to base my opinion.
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
4 months is plenty of time for anyone to reach a decent level and play map content.

What I am hoping though is the 4 months have different mods things that are completely game changing like these 2 were. Taking out items from the leagues like kaoms, onyx and stuff make you play differently + different mods like multiprojectile.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
I'd like a regular hardcore laddered league. I'd play the hell out of that. Characters are *deleted* at the end of the ladder, and you start over from scratch.

Of course, I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to stuff like this. I don't really care how high I get in the ladder, I just play to see how long I can survive.
Last edited by MoxieGrrl on Jul 7, 2013, 12:54:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info