Game won't update, again!

I originally tried PoE out a while back, but then Diablo 3 came out, and I was a huge fan of D1 and D2 so I stopped playing PoE for a bit, and now I'm back(there's just nothing to do on D3).

Anyways, since a few patches ago, every time a new patch comes out 0.9.11e-0.9.11h, I get the "Protocol is out of date. Please update and try again" message when I try to sign in.

Currently, it says my game is version 0.9.11g. Last time I played was last night, and logged off 20 minutes before the patch last night.

I've tried everything. I run the PackCheck, I get no errors. I run the installer, click on repair, no fix. I've deleted client.txt logfile to see if it would generate a new one(it doesn't).

I keep having to delete my entire Content.ggpk and redownloading the entire thing, AGAIN. Having a backup doesn't help, the game JUST WON'T UPDATE.

If I have to download several gigs every few days, I'm just gonna, unfortunately, not bother anymore. I come home, eat dinner, and then I just want to play. But no, I have to re-download 2+ gigs, and then I have to go to bed after finally playing for 20 minutes or so (work early)

Is there anyway of forcing an update check? Perhaps the client.exe needs to be fixed to properly check the content.ggpk file? I know it SHOULD, but it runs fine and jumps right to the login screen without even attempting to allocate space or download.

Help??
I found a solution. I'll just have to wait until the next patch to see if it works everytime(assuming that I get the same problem with the game not wanting to patch).

I was playing around with the file, trying to get it to work, here's what I did to get it to download.

Move Content.ggpk into a subfolder, leaving the PoE folder without a Content.ggpk file. Run the game, it should start attempting to allocate/download. Close the downloader/launcher, move Content.ggpk BACK into the PoE folder(either delete the tiny Content.ggpk file first, or overwrite), then Launch PoE again, it should begin to download.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info