Equipment Selection help

I'm really enjoying this game so far but coming from someone that mostly played fps Im really getting lost on how to know what equipment to use, will have to make another thread for path tree lol.

I have read the faq, lurked through some posts as well as some posts on mechanics thread but equations theyre just lost me

Equipment
I know what they technically mean but how do you know to choose between armor or evasion eq or maybe a mix. Also you have some that will also give block and stun/ reflect dmg/ quality
1) With all those combos as well as socket spots basically which one is more effective while your fighting, is there any simple formula? Basically how do you know if you have more of one selection and less of another which would be the better combo.

Weapons
1)besides dmg you also have accuracy rating,is the max 100 so you would hit everytime

2) does elemental damage/ or +1 lvl to cold gems only work if you have that specific gem inserted in the weapon.

3) i also see increased stun duration does that max at 100% or what is that based from, and is having some of that better then having more dps

I know a person who invests more in cold would go for something that increases cold damage but if you do cold dmg + fight some how do you distinguish which is more valuable when they all have different amount of sockets as well

Long post hopefully someone can explain, or at least break down some parts
Last edited by mltno on Aug 10, 2012, 4:19:18 PM
About your weapon questions:
1) accuracy is not limited to 100. In your character tab (press 'c' in game) you have your chance to hit listed. The chance to hit an enemy is decided when comparing your accuracy an his evasion - so the more accuracy the better.

2) Yes you have to put the gem you want effected into that weapon

3)stun duration can go over 100%, there is a (very short) stun duration if you hit an enemy hard enough (the basic stun is only enough to interupt his current action) and when you would have 200% increased stun duration every stun would last 2 times longer

EDIT: about your armor question: armor reduce the physical damage taken, evasion gives you a chance to evade it completly. Going pure armor gives you the greatest damage reduction, puer evasion gives you a good chance to evade (but when you get hit (you can not evade anything) you get hit hard). Most people prefare armor over evasion, but you could build around any of them (ask Charan (one of the forum mods) for some tips for eva characters ;)), though especially if you don't know the game mechanics that well, armor is probably better for you. Though the armor you wear is often determinated by the stats you have - if you build upon strenght you get 'normal' armor, an dexterity character can't use the str armor but can use evasion armor,
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Aug 10, 2012, 4:31:25 PM
thanks that does clear some things up for me, i guess i just get overwhelmed by how much different "mods" including gem sockets an eq has especially when one offers similar mods but ie: might have two of the same ones but one might be higher then the other but the other might also have an extra socket
I might try using a dif char as i have read how the templar might not be the best choice for pvp atm and if i go with an evasion char i will try to reach out to him as well
Last edited by mltno on Aug 10, 2012, 10:05:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info