patch 0.11.1, melee buff and mobs buff damages...this doesn't make any sense

So, sorry for the bad english.

got +3700 life, melee, doing 30k damages with 8,5 life leech gem, 7500 armor and all normal resist at 70, +-180 life regen.

Tested the game today and seen my melee dps raised from +-15k to 35k. Great!
I then try a simple level 66 map and get killed by kole-like boss on a white map in 2 hit...this did not append to me since the 0,10 patch.

Ok i think, just desync maybe. So, i Try another 66 white map and get killed by a mob of white skeletons!

I See my life going down so much quicker than in past when i am surrounded , it seem monsters got damages buffed,or my damages take more life... i don t know what append but my leech can t keep up.

The problem: You GGG nerfed Life nods and told us it is ok to take plenty of melee nods instead, but now i die because monsters seems to do again more damages, and reflect hurt more then ever because of the insane dps raise and lower regen/life leech.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jun 26, 2013, 6:31:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This patch made my char totally unplayable, died 2 times a row in a lvl66 map with my lvl75 char, took almost no damage before patch. GGG please stop making your game totally unplayable like d3 was in 1.0.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
lolozori wrote:
So, sorry for the bad english.

got +3700 life, melee, doing 30k damages with 8,5 life leech gem, 7500 armor and all normal resist at 70, +-180 life regen.

Tested the game today and seen my melee dps raised from +-15k to 35k. Great!
I then try a simple level 66 map and get killed by kole-like boss on a white map in 2 hit...this did not append to me since the 0,10 patch.

Ok i think, just desync maybe. So, i Try another 66 white map and get killed by a mob of white skeletons!

I See my life going down so much quicker than in past when i am surrounded , it seem monsters got damages buffed,or my damages take more life... i don t know what append but my leech can t keep up.

The problem: You GGG nerfed Life nods and told us it is ok to take plenty of melee nods instead, but now i die because monsters seems to do again more damages, and reflect hurt more then ever because of the insane dps raise and lower regen/life leech.

35K dps? sounds like you have too much dps and not enough defenses...
Standard Forever
Yeah, Kole's almost 1-shotting me through 12k armor, 7 endurance charges, and 3.4k hp. Something changed. Not calling for a nerf, just noticing a difference.
I also noticed some change. I have been forced to spend my instant heal potions constantly to survive even white mobs.

the promenade melee boss hit for over 2k dmg on me, and I had 38k armor after using my granite flask!
"
Ivanovichy wrote:
Yeah, Kole's almost 1-shotting me through 12k armor, 7 endurance charges, and 3.4k hp. Something changed. Not calling for a nerf, just noticing a difference.
Casually casual.

Spike damage just got through the roof. You can take about no damage for a while then go poof in an instant. I don't know what changed, did mobs just get +900% crit multiplier or what... it's not consistent. Or is it a stealth buff to some of the mods?
Remove crit chance from white mobs.
Make rare mobs critical chance additional not multiplicative.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on Jun 26, 2013, 9:06:02 AM
"
Alternalo wrote:
This patch made my char totally unplayable, died 2 times a row in a lvl66 map with my lvl75 char, took almost no damage before patch. GGG please stop making your game totally unplayable like d3 was in 1.0.

This!
Nerf players and make buffs for mobs... good good. Will needed much much much a lot more defences/survives node to be taken and still died :D More balanced game i didnt play xD
But now CI builds can be true tanks with less nodes... wow nice
Sounds like Player damage calculation is also 1:1 Mob damage calculation and vice versa, which is a really really bad design decission. Players should rule, not the Mobs. :D
How should be there an real Melee fight improvement when every Melee dmg buff for Players is automaticly apllied also to mobs? Same for defense etc...
GGG should acxtualy separate mob and Player damage calculations completely, otherwise there will never be a "balance progress" in PoE imho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info