Game overheating/turning off my computer

After around 10 mins playing the game my computer turns off because of overheating. I think its the processor (Phenom II x3 720 processor 2.80 GHz) but i think i saw somewhere that i has to do with my graphics card (Ati Radeon x1650).

Is there a way to fix this?

I played on one of the open beta weekends a few months ago and the game was doing fine, now i bought a beta access but i cant get to play for more than one dungeon.
This is probably because of your graphics card pushing itself too hard to get the maximum framerate. The game hasn't been optimized yet, so it can be quite heavy. Turning Vsync on will cap the framerate at 60fp, but you may need to install a framerate limiter if you need to lower it further than that.

I'd also suggest cleaning out your PC fans if you haven't recently!
Balance & Design
First of all, thanks for the answer.

Tried turning Vsync on and still the same issue.

Downloaded a program (dxtory) to cap fps (tried as low as 30 fps) and still the same issue.

I just format/reinstalled windows, so everything should be working smoothly.

As i said on my previous post, the game was working fine when i played the open beta before (i think it was a few days before diablo3 came out to get an idea of the version i was playing).

And i forgot to explain but i've got a display on the front of my computer that shows some kind of average temperature. It usually shows 28ºC but it goes up to around 35-38ºC before shuting down when running the game.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Last edited by kidacao on Aug 7, 2012, 9:43:41 AM
That is very strange. I'd suggest something like SpeedFan so you can control fans directly and monitor specific temperatures, as it may be some component other than the graphics card overheating?
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info