Checking stash on 2 week hardcore charachter kills game

Okay, weird problem. If I check my stash on my 2 week hardcore league character then the stash is empty and the game stops functioning.

If I log out then I can do other things, but as soon as I check stash then game is done.... everything freezes and I can't click on anything. I have to log out to fix.

I tried on a few of my default league characters and they are fine.

Kind of need my stash.

Worried that if I play with my 2 week hardcore character then I will get killed because something is seriously wrong...

Help?
Update.

I ran the entire pyramid section and then went back to check my stash. Still broken.

The game works fine. I can play, chat, gain, experience.

But the stash can't be accessed, and the minute I try to look at stash the game breaks... and I have to re-log in order to play.

So it has been about an hour with this problem.

I suspect something is wrong with the server that holds my stash?

I found 1 map, so I guess I can do 1 map.

Strange problem. I guess it could be worse.

Just seems a little annoying to have my maps all locked away from me.
This is generally because your PC or connection are taking too long to load all of the items in your stash, and disconnecting you. It's not common for it to crash your client though! Have you tried running the Pack Check? Something may be corrupted in your game files.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
This is generally because your PC or connection are taking too long to load all of the items in your stash, and disconnecting you. It's not common for it to crash your client though! Have you tried running the Pack Check? Something may be corrupted in your game files.

Rory -

No offense, but there is no possible way this is client side.

I played for 4 hours. The game works fine.

I simply can't check my stash.

I can log in with any other character and easily check my stash, but this one character is bugged.

It is my level 69 character in the 2 Week Hardcore League.

I can open my stash in legacy, default, but not there.

I killed some monsters with the "wealth" mod and had literally hundreds of items all over the place.

Also, it doesn't crash the game. Instead what happens is that the mouse stops working and all feed back with the game stops. It doesn't even try to open the stash. It just loads a blank stash. And then nothing else will work. I simply log out and log in and then the game works perfectly until I open the stash with this one character.

The game works in every single way other than the stash, and all my other characters are working just fine.

My connection is crystal clear. Played for hours with no problems.

EDIT: I can try running the pack check, but not sure how. It seems odd that my client would only be bugged with this one character as I assume that all data for the character is held on your side.
Last edited by Guurt on Aug 6, 2012, 4:59:22 AM
I am running packcheck now.

Was a pain in the arse as I use windows xp and it has been forever since I used a command prompt line...

Will see what happens
Ran PackCheck. No errors reported.

Anything else I can do?

Kind of harsh to lose my stash in this 2 week tournament after so many hours.
Okay, the problem has gone away.

I did run PackCheck and there were no errors reported.

When I restarted the game it didn't update any files.

But now it works.

Not much else I can say. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info