So my DoT ranger is useless for farming ?

I am reading old post from 2011, dev saying Item rarity/quantity is not applied to monster killed by DoT...

This is unfair seriously i mean, if i can get exp and normal loot table from monsters killed by my DoTs why is my item rarity does not apply to the kill ?

So.. questions to Devs;
Is this a known issues or is it intended? any ETA on a fix date?
I mean... DoT ranger is the best class i played so far i do not want to reroll a new class just because my chance to find map/item is gimped.

Actually is use multishot with culling strike to make sure i finish the mob by a physical attack, but seriously... this issues make the poison/dot class useless for end-game.

Thank you.
It's a bug, not a feature (assuming it still *is* a bug and hasn't been fixed yet).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 5, 2012, 1:43:47 PM
To clarify, this only applies to IIQ and IIR support gems, because they're applied to the monster when you hit them, which DoT doesn't do. All IIq/IIR bonuses from gear do apply.

This is intended to change in future to allow the support gems to work with DoT effects.
"
To clarify, this only applies to IIQ and IIR support gems, because they're applied to the monster when you hit them, which DoT doesn't do. All IIq/IIR bonuses from gear do apply.

This is intended to change in future to allow the support gems to work with DoT effects.

Is that issue allready solved? If not, when can we expect changes on that?
IGN: dReAliE_nem
i know this is an old-ish thread but i was just wondering if the DoT + IIR / IIQ Gems was being resolved? regardless, amazing game and really appreciate all the new content / fixes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info