Orb Ideas..

I guess there might have been threads like this already, but I can not seem to find one? Or it is very old, but I thought it would be a cool idea to get everyone's thoughts on ideas for new orbs, I just think the currency could be expanded on in so many ways and make loot drops even more fun.

An orb to change the colour of one specific socket, maybe the orb could even come in red, green or blue so you have the exact change you want; probably would have to be quite rare.

XP orb, adds 50-100-200%?? to your XP, for say a half hour?

Passive point orb, grants one passive point; would probably have to be as rare as a mirror?

Greater chance orb, more chance to roll a rare or unique; can trade two for a scouring.

Pumpkin orb, grants you a pumpkin head for an hour.

Last edited by ZeroHate on Aug 5, 2012, 1:42:36 AM
Please move the thread to 'suggestions'.

"
Passive point orb, grants one passive point

This would collide with plans for future content like further Acts and higher lvl monsters.

"
Pumpkin orb, grants you a pumpkin head for an hour

Good idea - teaser of cash shop item :-)
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
Sounds good +1.
www.tachi203.com : For live streams, gameplay, news of me +(.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. - Mohandas Gandhi
I don't think they will ever have a passive point orb, they want everyone to have access to the same number of skill points.

I don't know bout the XP boost. The Gem orbs sound a little too deterministic for PoE. Part of the game is gambling on upgrades.

Pumpkin Orb sounds like something that would be in cash shop.
Passive skill orb sounds fun but it would need to be really rare and untradable/without abbility to drop. Just to make people unable to create a build with all passive skills ingame;p
Well this thread was suppose to be for everyone to throw around their own ideas, maybe give the devs some new ideas to work with; not just my own :)

Maybe the socket colour orbs are a bit deterministic but an orb that changes a single socket to a random colour could still work. As it is if you get a decent set up with a five or six link but want to change around one gem risking a ton of chroms does not seem worth it.

"
missmisiowa wrote:

"
Passive point orb, grants one passive point

This would collide with plans for future content like further Acts and higher lvl monsters.

Yeah I guess it is way too early to consider such a thing and then even making it extremely rare like a mirror, its barely worth having then.

With no power leveling, XP orb still seems reasonable to me, has to be some flexibility with XP somewhere at some stage, you would hope :)
Along the pumpkin head orb idea, a kiwi orb. Turns you into a kiwi for 15 minutes, but cannot be used in pvp :)
Last edited by KarmicJustice on Aug 5, 2012, 9:00:20 AM
"
ZeroHate wrote:

Passive point orb, grants one passive point; would probably have to be as rare as a mirror?

I don't see this as a feasible idea since everyone should have an equal set of passive points

"
ZeroHate wrote:

Greater chance orb, more chance to roll a rare or unique; can trade two for a scouring.

Sounds good! I'm all for it.

"
ZeroHate wrote:

Pumpkin orb, grants you a pumpkin head for an hour.

Pretty sure this will be a cashshop item

Will like the idea of having an orb to simply change one of the properties of the item based on your choice. Of course, this has to be very rare.

I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger

Another I just remember is a mf orb, grants you extra magic find for a short period of time 5-15mins or something; surely this has to be implemented :)

Regals maybe need to be adjusted to have the chance to roll more than one stat to an item as well, like a 50% chance to roll two stats; this might actually help them reflect their rarity again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info