completely lost as to how this item is lowering my DPS

okay so i'm totally lost as to how one of my wands is outperforming the other by ~60 DPS. i'm a level 45 ethereal knives shadow and ethereal knives are currently at around 683 DPS.

i have one wand with these stats:

Unavailable

this wand is the constant in the equation

now here are the other two wands:

Unavailable

Unavailable

now i'm completely lost as to why wand 2 does not completely shut down wand 1 in the DPS department. flat physical damage should not increase the DPS of ethereal knives (because it applies to weapon skills) so we're basically dealing with 34% spell damage vs. 16% spell damage and 99% physical damage

how is 99% physical damage not enough to overtake the 18% spell damage wand 1 has over wand 2? it does not seem possible as ethereal knives scales with both spell and physical damage increases. i am not losing any gem slots.

btw, how do i link items in posts? it would have made this much easier :/
Last edited by jokulmorder on Aug 4, 2012, 5:26:10 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
btw, how do i link items in posts? it would have made this much easier :/

On the bottom of the page, it shows a list of characters.
While making a post, click on the character and then click on an item.

The result should be this:
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
the 99% phys dmg only applies to wand attacks

mystery solved.
You failed to take into account the speed of the wands (i assumed you were also talking about wand attacks, otherwise the above poster is correct)
Last edited by jackals1234 on Aug 4, 2012, 5:31:56 PM
perhaps the tooltip should be updated to indicate it only works with weapon skills since ethereal knives works with other abilities that affect all physical damage like hatred and added fire damage supports.
the second wand only gives 10% additional increased spell dmg, so it wouldnt really blow it out of the water. there is also the increased spell crit chance and spell cast spd on the first wand, which may factor in a skill's dps calculation.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
the 99% phys dmg only applies to wand attacks

mystery solved.
This.

The wand mod is Local Physical Damage +%. Local modifiers only apply to the item. And since there is no Base Physical Damage +% mod affix, you're only gonna be looking for +% Spell Damage mods.

There are a few Uniques that have a Base Physical Damage +% mod, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info