Marauder - Is it worth leveling aura skills that require dex?

Are sprint and anger worth leveling further than like lvl 5, since each lvl requires more dex and I'm a marauder?
I only want str armor right? Getting the never crit always hit anyway
Don't be pigeonholed into playing a certain way by your class. Just because you're a Marauder doesn't mean that you only want strength and nothing else - that's a very outdated concept that's pretty much obsolete in PoE.

Just the fact that you're wondering if getting 'off stats' is worth is tells you that those stats aren't useless. There are several +30 stat nodes sprinkled around the Marauder area that will let you get good use out of skills that require Dex or Int. For example, a single +30 Int node will let you use Level 18 Anger - which from a pure DPS standpoint would be much more valuable than what +10 Str could get you.
Pretty much what the last poster said. I did some theory testing in the passive FOREST (using all 111 points) and got a marauder up to 570 Strength with 249% life increase and pretty much every regen passive I could get. Was entirely pointless yes but it shows that there are plenty of points to splash into Dex and Intelligence and still have plenty of points left over to still have a high strength stat. Don't be scared to take some INT and/or DEX from time to time just so you can boost those gems.

Btw the calcs showed ~3,000 increased life just from that experiment. Was fun.
Your Hardcore character's carcass has made a certain buzzard very happy.
To elaborate a little bit:

Early on you will need some dex nodes to support development of dex skills/supports. There are 20 points of dex in your starting area, 20 more near lava lash (which seems to me a strong dps skill, worth getting ^^), and Agility +30 keystones bordering the Templar and Duelist areas. It shouldn't be incredibly hard to pick up one or the other, leaving you with +70 dex. Add in an onyx amulet and you have +90, enough for early leveling/development of almost any skillset involving green gems.

But in the late game you can support cross-stat skills entirely with gear. Any gearslot can roll up to 42 dex, so with any 2 high dex rolls, an onyx amulet, and versatility, you will have enough for any high level skill-combo.

Late in the game you get to skill out of those +dex nodes you took early, so they will have no impact on your final build. It just puts some pressure on you to find specific stats on your gear.

Don't be shy. My templar incorporates quite a few green gems.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 6, 2012, 10:00:45 AM
Get the versatility passive which gives you +20dex +20int.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info