''........'' file has wrong hash installing problem HELP!

Hi everybody . I have been trying to fix this problem since tuesday but i can't.I get this message now .. i downloaded the game three times.
Please somebody help me ... THANKS
The message is:Downloaded file ''Are/Models/CHARACTERS/Trickster/rig.ast '' has the wrong hash. and my download is %1000 now.
HELP!
ANYONE?
Delete your Client.exe and your Content.ggpk.

Download this http://patchcdn.pathofexile.com/0.11.0.8/Client.exe.

Now follow this guide Using a VPN to avoid connection issues so your ISP doesn't corrupt your download with a bad cached version. The VPN is for installing only, you don't need it to play the game (probably).
Still Wrong Hush errors..
ANY Solution ?
So you deleted the Content.ggpk file, re-downloaded it over VPN and have the same problem?

There was a thread a while ago about this exact issue and it almost seemed like the HDD was corrupting the file. Perhaps rather than delete the Content.ggpk file, you just rename it to something else and attempt the download again. See if it works any better.

Using rename rather than relete will keep the original contents located in the same physical place on your hard drive. If part of that is bad, it should be able to write to a different location as long as the original file is still there (with a different name). If you delete the Content.ggpk file, then it frees up all the space it was taking up, and the next time a file is written out, it gets written to the same place as the original one.

I'd have to go back to the old thread and check my notes to see if I had any other suggestions. Make sure you're running as Administrator, etc.

If none of that stuff works, you can try deleting the Content.ggpk file, THEN running PackCheck which should generate a new one, then run the launcher again and see if it clears up.

Good luck.
I sent http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/431129/page/1/#p3798198 here since this seems to be a more common problem than it was before this patch.
Last edited by ionface on Jun 21, 2013, 10:16:48 PM
Which Windows OS version do you both run? You should all post specs on your computer, including hard drive model. I think we've ruled out an ISP's bad caching proxy, since the VPN didn't fix the problem.

Edit: Sorry about the DEP thing, I was replying in the wrong thread.
Last edited by ionface on Jun 21, 2013, 11:52:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info