Life Gain on Hit, Minions, Cheos Inoculation and Ghost Reaver combo?

I am playing a summonner witch lvl 65 now... i went into the 1 hp passive skill and i am having a bit of a problem with physical attacks, i have a lot elemental resistance so that isn’t a problem, but when a mob bypasses my minions 3-4 hits and I’m dead....

before that wasn’t much of a problem when i still had life but without any pots to heal i simply die, especially when I’m frozen or chilled and can’t move fast to run away... so i got a great idea...

can i put Life Gain On Hit support on my minions? that combined with Ghost Reaver should add to my energy shield instantly when i get hit right?

i don’t have much strength but +25hp (max I will level the gem) transferred instantly onto my energy shield from each of my minions on a hit gives me around +250 energy shield from all my 10 minions a hit..... right? Has anyone tried this?
I would try this, but if it doesn’t work I won’t have enough regret points to go back to my previous state….
Life on hit doesn't work with ghost reaver.
Ghost reaver converts life leech into energy shield leech. Life on hit is a different mechanic, and always adds to your life pool, which is 1 in your case.

If you use life leech or life on hit on your minions, they will leech and get the hp back, not you.

Not really sure how CI summoner get their ES back in another way than running away and hiding until it replenishs. You can ofc always use a damaging spell yourself, linked to life leech, if you pick ghost reaver.
IGN: Iski
Or use Zealots Oath and life regen.
I like nuts.
yah i thought about Zealot's Oath but that would require a lot of life regain per second which i can only gain from items, besides, recovering 2-5 life per second when being hit doesn't do much... ill still die....

from what i read the Life on Hit only works with physical attacks so placing it on np. Fire Storm (which hits many times a second) will not work, right?
Last edited by Polles on Jun 20, 2013, 8:07:00 AM
Life on Hit only works for Attacks. It does not work on spells (firestorm is a spell).
http://guildmedieval.com/
"
Polles wrote:
yah i thought about Zealot's Oath but that would require a lot of life regain per second which i can only gain from items, besides, recovering 2-5 life per second when being hit doesn't do much... ill still die....

from what i read the Life on Hit only works with physical attacks so placing it on np. Fire Storm (which hits many times a second) will not work, right?

Pretty sure the regen of ES with ZO is based on your max ES as well as any life regen affixes you have on items, so it'll be alot more than just 2-5 per second.
I like nuts.
zealots oath keystone passive + take as much life regen nodes as possible + run vitality aura (also take inner force nodes)

otherwise its life leech + ghost reaver with YOUR spells, because minions dont leech back to you

theres also shavronnes revelation ring in the new leagues (drops in both) which gives 4% ES regen / second in right ring slot, but then you cant regen mana, so you will have to use pots or mana leech + a spell.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Shavronne%27s_Revelation
i get hit because of lag that sometimes happens.... there is also the chill that slows me and when there are fast monsters around they can get to me so i wanted to improve my chances in those situations (they don't occur very often, but they do happen)
"
Polles wrote:

zealots oath regen is calculated on the ES, not on max life, so is ghost reaver. Stuns / freeze / shock are all calculated on hp though.

you can get life regen from the passive tree and vitality, I am not talking about the crap integer regen on items. Its better than nothing to take a few regen nodes, they help if you have a high ES pool.
No tricky minion leeching for you is going to work... Neither is bending your tree to GR if you're taking spiky damage during lag, and the stack you would need for ZO is not efficient. If its physical damage you're taking then try looking for some hybrid armor/es gear where you can, and consider running a mid level arctic armour if you're not taxing your mana too badly.

The other guy didnt need to laugh, but did bring up a good point, we puke 20+ minions all over our screen so we dont get in the physical fray... being able to sink 3-4 hits is actually pretty good...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info