Demonsgate Summoner build

"
Hercanic wrote:
@fsk1989:
"
fsk1989 wrote:
4.3k ES and 257.8 mana regen.

I'm glad to see that it is possible to maintain a level 19 Arctic Armor without EB. Looking everything over, I see you're getting 174% MP regen from gear and 220% from passives for a total of 394%. Whew! I can't imagine that was easy to achieve.

What program are you using to capture video?

Hey there,

Yeah i wouldnt say it was easy to achieve, but on the other hand all gear i have is self-found, so its definitely possible.

Actualy if you count the +1 to cold gems on wand, you will see im running a lvl 20 arctic armor, and with inner force thing the mana regen upkeep is insanely high, but so is the damage reduction!

Im using fraps right now.
the arctic armour says like 170 less dmg, does it scale with gear somehow? to me 170 doesn't sound much!
Its actualy a bit more than 170 reduction. I have now a lvl 20 arctic armor gem, and as i use it on my +1 cold wand, i have a lvl 21 AA, reducing damage for 209.

After inner force, it absorbs 246 phys or fire damage.

That alone is enough to make me immune to regular Tentacle miscriations missile, void bearers and chaos missile/fire snakes. Also monkeys, skeletons, and small mobs like spyders and such have their damage reduced greatly, giving me a huge stun resistance.

Armor and endurance charges also increases arctic armors eficiency; if armor and endurance charges reduces damage to say 500, the armor will further reduce it to 250ish. one granite flask for instance is enough armor to solo maps of lvl 73, highest one i ever ran solo. :)

For the fire part on arctic armor, it improves the more fire resist you have. it will fully absorb hits of up to fire damage:
res - fire damage absorbed
@75% - 992
@79% - 1180
@81% - 1305
@85% - 1650
@89% - 2254
@95% - 4960

My fire res is 79%, 89% with flask. All i can say is it helps loads!

Last edited by fsk1989 on Jul 6, 2013, 9:18:29 PM
Thanks for the write up! Some questions for you:

1. Why do you rely on a frost nova totem and arc to spread EE? It seems like one or the other would be enough, the obvious choice being to ditch the frost nova totem.

2. In your videos I rarely see you cast DD. It seems like your minions are doing most of the damage. Maybe I'm just missing it, but in what situations do you really rely on this?

3. Also, your zombies and specters seem to rarely die, is minion instability a worthwhile choice? Minion instability and detonate dead do not seem to be synergistic choices.

4. With the incoming aura change (Auras in general will cost more to reserve) do you think your build will still be viable.

5. What do you need to prioritize with your build when starting out on a new character? Am I right in assuming you always kill all the bandits?

6. Do you think your build is HC viable? If not what do you think a summoner looking to start up in the new HC league should look for.
IGN: Napp_Sleepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info