Minion rarity/quantity

Do my rarity/quantity mods apply to minion kills?

I dis a search/asked in chat but the answers seem to be all over the place.

According to the mech thread post one, I think, my 161% rarity find and 54% quantity find plus a 32% rarity find from an item rarity gem linked to a skeleton and a totem gem would yield 193/54 rarity/quantity on a kill by one of my slim or stationary friends. This, however, I strongly doubt.

After using the above cofig where my skeletons/totems did all the killing I did some testing where I linked the rarity gem to my ice spear and did all the slaughtering myself.

The results suggest that minion/totem kills do NOT benefit from my item find mods. With no hard numbers to back this up I'd estimate that I found abour four times as many yellows 2-4 as many orbs doing the killing myself.

I'd like a definite answer to the question: Do my rarity/quantity mods apply to minion/totem kills. Or not.

If the answer is no then the mech thread is wrong and that post, which is the one people will read, should be edited to reflect this. A correction somewhere in the, what fifty pages, wouldn't be enough I think.

If the answer is yes then I think there's a bug lurking.

I may be totally off here if there is a dev answer to this somewhere. Please don't give me RNG, the differaces
in results are consistantly huge.

I'd also like to say I just love this game and the way it grows on you and will be playing it for years to come.
The bug you are probably noticing is minion instability damage not attributing the kills to minions.
"
ReNilaVon wrote:
Your minion's kills are asigned to you, and thus use your IIQ/IIR. This is why you still get flask charges and experience from their kills as well.
If your minions have IIQ/IIR from the support gems, those are also applied in addition to your static bonuses.
For the record, I have just tested this again, and it definitely still works.
"
ionface wrote:
The bug you are probably noticing is minion instability damage not attributing the kills to minions.
Minion instability does assign the kills to the minions. It just doesn't deal actual damage.
@ Mark

While you are at it,

could you clarify the IIQ/IIR on elemental effects?

for example, I have IIQ/IIR equip to burning arrow,

and many times my burning arrow would cause ignite effect on mobs

then the burning effect kills the mob.

does the IIQ/IIR still apply if the mobs die from the ignite effect from burning arrow?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Minion instability does assign the kills to the minions. It just doesn't deal actual damage.

Does this mean that those kills aren't applied to the player?
IRON MAN
"
o8240000 wrote:
does the IIQ/IIR still apply if the mobs die from the ignite effect from burning arrow?
IIQ/IIR upports cannot currently apply to any degen/damage-over-time effect, only to things killed by being hit by the skill for damage. We hope to improve this in future.
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Does this mean that those kills aren't applied to the player?
No.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Your minion's kills are asigned to you, and thus use your IIQ/IIR. This is why you still get flask charges and experience from their kills as well.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 3, 2012, 12:40:30 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ReNilaVon wrote:
If your minions have IIQ/IIR from the support gems, those are also applied in addition to your static bonuses.
For the record, I have just tested this again, and it definitely still works.

Absolutely confirmed that this works. Running minions with support gems added to the mf gear works wonders.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
ionface wrote:

Minion Instability sometimes does not attribute kills correctly. I thought everyone knew that.

Last edited by ionface on Aug 3, 2012, 1:09:55 AM
"
ionface wrote:

Minion Instability sometimes does not attribute kills correctly. I thought everyone knew that.

That would explain why, when I use my skellies, that I often see only blue drops from rare mobs. Hope GGG can look into instability and check on this.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
bit late there buddy
IRON MAN
What do you mean? Was it fixed?

I was shown this thread a couple days ago, because I found drops very lacking when using minions. Was happy to hear they actually use your IIR/IIQ, but when I use skellies my rare drop rate goes down.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info