Get rid of FFA loot, make loot instanced

-FFA loot. Absolutely party unfriendly, even with this timer i just see the whole party halt when something valueable drops and wait for the counter, while other party members die. The more ppl i party with, the LESS loot i'll get in the end due to ninja looting and limited inventory space: i have no time to tp up and sell things because everyone else just go toward and kill stuff, looting everything while i'm not there.
Hardly anyone is going to coop because of shared loot.
Last edited by Covert on Feb 4, 2013, 10:57:51 PM
I just posted this in the beta manifesto thread, and then it was taken down a few minutes later >.<

I completely agree. The game is getting to be a bit lonely, because I'm avoiding parties like a plague. I have seen no benefit to them so far, where I generally do better soloing. Exceptions being zones where I lag a lot, having a party helps speed things up. Otherwise I can complete pretty much any zone on my own fairly easily AND get the good loot at the same time.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
No, party with people you trust.
you get like a 5 second timer on the rare items before anyone else can pick them up
IGN: NotBuyingWards
I wouldn't say get rid of FFA all together, but it can be a bit of a pain to have half your party just stop to watch the loot drop meanwhilst more enemies are coming to fight.

Extend the timer on the loot - Enough to allow the party to finish off a pack of monsters before worrying about what dropped.

A bit far off, however:
You could also have the party leader choose FFA or "group loot" before leaving town.

Either way doesn't really effect me, I rarely play with people that I don't know.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
This has topic has been raised 200 times before.

Still, I don't agree. Keep it FFA.

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
"
jawsofhana wrote:
This has topic has been raised 200 times before.

A lot of people would rather bring it up in a new thread over and over than read the discussion that already took place and read the comments GGG has already made on the topic.

I was initially against FFA, but after reading what the devs said and playing with that mentality, it was great.

I would like the option from time to time.. but if GGG likes FFA and that was their vision for this title, then I support that because this is their game and it's a great one!
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Yeah thats the ARPG mentality... Clicking on an item just to ninja it from a partner instead of killing monsters.

Just make it an option for the party leader.

The loot whores can still play ninja FFA and whoever wants to actually kill monsters and progress can play with individual loot.

Win-Win situation.
Loot shouldn`t be instanced

That effectively introduces 6x the amount of loot into the economy.
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
Last edited by Chrono89 on Aug 2, 2012, 11:04:02 AM
"
Chrono89 wrote:
Loot shouldn`t be instanced

That effectively introduces 6x the amount of loot into the economy.

Wrong. PLEASE don't talk about individual loot unless you understand how it truly works.

To the OP, there is a developer discussion here about it and most people do seem to want individual loot:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info