Things I wish were in PVP

I love PVP but I wish you guys would add in a ranking system similar to SC2 or league. I think this would add in a LOT of re-playability. As of right now I feel no need or desire to pvp because there really is no gain in the matter. Perhaps an occasional dual but beyond that it looses value. I could easily see this game becoming an e-sport in the future if there was a ranking system for pvp.

It would also be AMAZING if you guys could add in rewards for pvp. Perhaps not experience but item drops or something would be awesome, maybe a random item roll on kills? Or after the winning team wins. Or ingredients or something. Anyway these are my thoughts.
Currency-based queues: At any time, sign up for an eight-player single elimination tournament. It costs currency to enter, but you get lots of options on how to pay. You come in first, you get 4 entry fees of currency; second gets 2, and third/fourth get 1 each. Tournaments automatically start as soon as the queue reaches eight players. PvE players don't complain because no currency was actually generated, prizes are entirely player-funded.

PvP Season Events: Can enter characters from any league, Swiss format tournament, Top 8 playoffs, race season ladder points for top finishes.

ELO rating system: Actually split into several rankings to indicate success at low-level PvP, Merci PvP, 3v3, vs Shadows specifically, etc.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Currency-based queues: At any time, sign up for an eight-player single elimination tournament. It costs currency to enter, but you get lots of options on how to pay. You come in first, you get 4 entry fees of currency; second gets 2, and third/fourth get 1 each. Tournaments automatically start as soon as the queue reaches eight players. PvE players don't complain because no currency was actually generated, prizes are entirely player-funded.

PvP Season Events: Can enter characters from any league, Swiss format tournament, Top 8 playoffs, race season ladder points for top finishes.

ELO rating system: Actually split into several rankings to indicate success at low-level PvP, Merci PvP, 3v3, vs Shadows specifically, etc.

similar to how guildwars does their tourneys with tournament tokens. WOuld be cool to have a system kinda like that. I like the idea of putting currency into it but then alot of people wont queue if the team formats are too large to ever launch! has to be inspiring what ever it is!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
I have a few ideas. People seem to leave a match when they know they are beat and just Q again till they get an easy opponent.
Maybe wager Qs? Player that puts up 1fusing gets matched with a player that puts up 1fusing. Chaos against chaos, etc.
Or add a ladder!!! After the season ends, the top 250 or so players ( in that bracket) win reward points.
Also pvp only reward item mods (however that may take away from donations made towords ggg)
Something I am a bit iffy on, is pvp gear rewards. That may just make certain must have gear easilly obtainable.
But at the same time, gear obtained only from pvp rewards would bring a lot more action to the pvp scene.
So I guess its a risk vs reward type deal there. Whatever you do, don't add something like resilience that WOW has.
Wow pvp sucks becase of that now. I like the wager idea, and also the reward points idea. Maybe even mix the two.
If you have earned enough reward points from races or pvp then you can wager the points. Brings a whole new economy really. But I think you may hsve to change or add to the items you use reward points for to add to the incentive to pvp or do races.
Also a pvp specific chat channel would be amazing!!
IGN Oprahs_Gynecologist
"
KelcieBadger wrote:
I have a few ideas. People seem to leave a match when they know they are beat and just Q again till they get an easy opponent.
Maybe wager Qs? Player that puts up 1fusing gets matched with a player that puts up 1fusing. Chaos against chaos, etc.
Or add a ladder!!! After the season ends, the top 250 or so players ( in that bracket) win reward points.
Also pvp only reward item mods (however that may take away from donations made towords ggg)
Something I am a bit iffy on, is pvp gear rewards. That may just make certain must have gear easilly obtainable.
But at the same time, gear obtained only from pvp rewards would bring a lot more action to the pvp scene.
So I guess its a risk vs reward type deal there. Whatever you do, don't add something like resilience that WOW has.
Wow pvp sucks becase of that now. I like the wager idea, and also the reward points idea. Maybe even mix the two.
If you have earned enough reward points from races or pvp then you can wager the points. Brings a whole new economy really. But I think you may hsve to change or add to the items you use reward points for to add to the incentive to pvp or do races.
Also a pvp specific chat channel would be amazing!!

I agree with the most of the sentence's, expect that wow suck because of resilience.

First you must have a long time to play wow ,resiliance now is passive to all char(so all are cap in resiliance no undergear in resiliance) however equiment now reduce resiliance which mean pvp equiment do more dmg than pve which is good and fair for pvp player who dont want to do pve(cannot be pve char has advance vs an pvp char....).so yes resiliance is good for pvp player bad for pve player....!

Second in path of exile dont need resiliance because you take reduce dmg from other mechanics however with the progress of items(which mean dmg increase by alot also life however armor and res they have cap....) maybe will be need in the future....!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info