Crit Damage Questions

I've been checking out the Passive Skill Tree and I noticed that it seems possible to get +55% crit chance with spells. Combined with +crit damage multipler skills you'll be doing +50% damage on half of your spells.

Does this seem particularly high for anybody?

Having not played the beta I don't know if this is balanced or not. Just wanted some knowledge on the matter.
It's a multiplier to the base chance, not additive to it.

So, if you normally crit on (say) 1 hit in 20, or 5% of the time, +50% increased critical strike chance will bring you up to 1.5 in 20, or 7.5%.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
Azurespecter wrote:
I've been checking out the Passive Skill Tree and I noticed that it seems possible to get +55% crit chance with spells. Combined with +crit damage multipler skills you'll be doing +50% damage on half of your spells.

Does this seem particularly high for anybody?

Having not played the beta I don't know if this is balanced or not. Just wanted some knowledge on the matter.

That +55% crit chance for spells means that your chance for a crit is 55% higer than the unmodified spell crit chance (which depends on the spell - e.g. you have a spell with 5% base crit chance - with those modifiers you have roughly 7,5% crit chance)

EDIT: in was a bit slow, Skivverus was faste :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jul 31, 2012, 4:06:43 PM
i dont do good an math but there are some other treads that can tell better how this works. but form what i understand your not getting a whole % form these passives its more like 1% = 0.5% or something along those lines. like i said there are some forum treads that can give u a better understanding on how this works.
% in this game are generally confusing, both in the passive tree and on items.

maybe especially on items. +53% armour means that piece has 53% more than its "white" version not that it will increase your total armour on your char sheet by 53%. buuuuuut, when the item says 1-5 fire dmg, then it applies that fire dmg to both your weapons even if the affix was on your belt?

needed -- some way to distinguish between affixes that affect only that item vs affixes that affect your whole character sheet.. I mean, other than just knowing from experience (like most here do) or swapping the pieces back and forth and watching the char sheet.

Then, in the passive skill tree, I can't even splain the %'s there -- I just avoid them when possible.
"
pilnomi wrote:
% in this game are generally confusing, both in the passive tree and on items.

maybe especially on items. +53% armour means that piece has 53% more than its "white" version not that it will increase your total armour on your char sheet by 53%. buuuuuut, when the item says 1-5 fire dmg, then it applies that fire dmg to both your weapons even if the affix was on your belt?

They do try to make these things as clear as possible, but they also try to make them concise (good items should not induce the tl;dr effect).

A good rule of thumb here is "if the item's base stats match the mod, the mod affects the item; if not, it affects the character."
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info